Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Dec 17, 2008, 10:03 AM   #11

Patty - glad to hear you are OK and have power back.

Tom - isn't that an excuse to just stay home? Who wants to go anywhere when the roads are that bad?

I guess all of you in the east wouldn't like me to post the picture I took this past Friday - they opened a new store near work and there was a band playing on the sidewalk - people walking around in short sleeves, bright red balloons at the door's entrance. Very pretty. Of course, if I did that, I'd have to take a picture of the Christmas lights on one of my neighbor's house, that's melting the snow under it (we've got around 6 inches, and it was snowing pretty good when I left the house this morning).
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17, 2008, 10:54 AM   #12

Patty I'm very glad to hear you're OK. This morning on the news they reported that about 8000 Vermonters are still without power, but more than 100,000 in New Hampshire remain in the dark. DMJJR, I second Patty's wishes. I've had pipes burst in the past, and I know all to well that it's no fun to crawl around in adark basement with a propane torch. Tom, I've never experienced a Great Plains blizzard, and I hope I never do. The Nor'easters we get in ths area are plenty, thank you. We got six inches of new snow today, but I'll take 2 feet of snow over an ice storm any day. style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff"
mtnman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18, 2008, 9:35 PM   #13

While I would love to move to the mountains and have real seasons, I don't think days without power sound like too much fun. Glad to hear that everyone is doing OK>

Tim
NonEntity1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20, 2008, 8:51 PM   #14

It's funny to hear that Vermont still had so many people out of power. It was a Vermont Coop truck that was at my house today putting the line back on. They said they'd been in NH since last Thursday. I missed so much of the news since this started. I wasn't even sure how much area it covered. Sounds like larger than I thought.

Patty
nhmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21, 2008, 9:23 AM   #15

nhmom wrote:
Quote:
It's funny to hear that Vermont still had so many people out of power. It was a Vermont Coop truck that was at my house today putting the line back on. They said they'd been in NH since last Thursday. I missed so much of the news since this started. I wasn't even sure how much area it covered. Sounds like larger than I thought.

Patty
Five days without power is a real test of your patience. Thankfully no frozen pipes so I will count my blessings-a lot better off than a lot of people in New England. Ten inches of snow on the ground and another ten today-still better than ice!
DMJJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21, 2008, 12:28 PM   #16

DMJJR,

Glad to hear you didn't have any problems. I had meant to ask how things had faired your way. Same here with snow. I haven't measured yet today, but it's been coming down all day and doesn't seem like it's going to stop any time soon. But, as you said, it beats ice any day!

Patty
nhmom is offline   Reply With Quote