Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Dec 20, 2008, 7:00 PM   #1

Well, sort of. It won't arrive until Dec 26th at least. I opted to not pay extra for shipping.

My hubby asked again the other day if I'd figured out what I wanted for Christmas and I told him I liked his idea of the K20D. He said okay, start checking out prices. I was shocked he was saying this with all the extra expenses we've had this year. But, who am I to argue. If he says "go for it", I'm going for it! :-)

I ordered it last night from Amazon (via Adorama). I felt kind of funny ordering my own Christmas present, but we wanted to make sure we were getting it from a reputable place. I've already downloaded the manual and am in the process of printing it out. I can hardly wait. Sure could have used it today when I was out taking photos of the electrical workers during our 2nd snow storm of the week after the ice storm last weekend. They had come back today to get the wires connected back to our house.

We are getting another storm tomorrow that will have us pretty much stuck in the house if it's as bad as they say. So, I'll hopefully find some time tomorrow to process my photos from last weekend's storm. Still need to stock the fridge a little more, but am afraid of losing power again. The snow last night had left us with the "snow quiet" when I woke up this morning and my first thought was we'd lost it again. Panic started to set in.

Anyway, I had to share my joy with you guys. You've all convinced me that this is going to be a great camera with the photos you've posted. I just hope I can do the camera justice with any images I take.

Wishing everyone safe travels this week on the way to visiting family and/or friends. At least here in the United States, the weather map is looking pretty bleak. But, I guess Santa's sleigh does ride better in snow.:lol:

Patty
nhmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 20, 2008, 7:05 PM   #2

Congrautlation!
I also got the K20D as an early Xmas present. You will love the camera, I really like mine.
superakuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20, 2008, 8:27 PM   #3

Well done! You'll have a great time with it.

I know what you mean about being hesitant to stock a freezer, it's expensive to re-stock. After we had our power cut off by a brush fire a couple of years ago, I made sure that our pantry has a certain amount of non-perishables at all times.

It's not just the US weather map that's bleak - my father in law said that Vancouver is having awful weather too. Ours is improving - much of our snow melted today and they are talking rain Monday, which will melt the rest of it. I'm not sure I'm all that happy about it - that "snow quiet" is nice as long as you have no where to go, electricity and a warm house.

Hope you and everyone further north stays safe, dry and warm.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21, 2008, 11:06 AM   #4

Congratulations on your Christmas present Patty.

Having seen the quality of your pictures to date, then the K20D is definitely not going to be wasted

Dal
Dal1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21, 2008, 11:49 AM   #5

Hi Patty

Congrats on the K20D!!! You really cannot go wrong with Buying from Amazon. they bck every thing and You also get a I believe a 30 day Period to return it.
We are in the tail end of a second Storm and from the looks We Got another 5+ inchs.
So that means in a few hours i have to go Snow blow the driveway so i can go to work Tomorrow.

Hope you and the hubby have a great Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Phil
Black Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21, 2008, 12:07 PM   #6

What is it they say - good things come to those who wait? You have lusted after this long enough, so don't feel badly about ordering it yourself - it's his thought that counts. Enjoy! :-D
penolta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21, 2008, 12:11 PM   #7

Congrats! That's amazing!
Signed - Envious Glen <grin>
tacticdesigns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21, 2008, 1:06 PM   #8

Thanks, everyone. I had been patient, but now I'm wishing I'd paid the shipping. :-) I've waited this long, I can wait a few more days. Besides I have the K100 still. So, it's not like I'm camera-less. And, I have wrapping, cleaning and other stuff to do that wouldn't be getting done if I had it yet.:O

Here is an image of the snow on the back deck a few minutes ago. By the door it's measuring 15". But, that's been walked on some today.

Patty

Attached Images

nhmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21, 2008, 1:11 PM   #9

thats a lotta snow, youll definatly have lots to photograph when your k20D arrives :-)
kazuya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21, 2008, 7:25 PM   #10

You'll have a great time with all that snow! A lot of our snow has melted, and it's supposed to rain tonight/tomorrow, which will melt what's left. Then it's supposed to snow again, which should make everything really messy. Snow is fine, ice isn't good for anything. Can't wait to see your first pictures!
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote