Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Dec 22, 2008, 7:44 PM   #11

Thanks, Jay. I was doing the dishes and looked out the window to that scene. It's astrange shot, but I liked the wood against the snow, too.

I don'tknow Harriet. I almost got hit two times thismorning on the way to work by people that think you can drive 60 mphin this stuff. It always takes a few fender benders before people start driving sensibly in it. And, it's always the trucks with all wheel drive and snow tires. They think they are invincible.

Patty
nhmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22, 2008, 10:49 PM   #12

nhmom wrote:
Quote:
And, it's always the trucks with all wheel drive and snow tires.* They think they are invincible.
Wait - I thought that was only California drivers in SUVs and pick-ups that thought that 4WD gave them invincibility, that the laws of physics don't apply to them. I shouldn't talk since we drive a Wrangler in winter (I don't shovel much snow, just use 4WD to get out of the driveway). I just know that 4WD is nice to get you moving forward, but it doesn't do a thing for stopping.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22, 2008, 10:57 PM   #13

mtngal wrote:
Quote:
nhmom wrote:
Quote:
And, it's always the trucks with all wheel drive and snow tires. They think they are invincible.
Wait - I thought that was only California drivers in SUVs and pick-ups that thought that 4WD gave them invincibility, that the laws of physics don't apply to them. I shouldn't talk since we drive a Wrangler in winter (I don't shovel much snow, just use 4WD to get out of the driveway). I just know that 4WD is nice to get you moving forward, but it doesn't do a thing for stopping.
Patty and Harriot

Its the same here in CT. Most people think that 4WD Is a licence To Speed In Snow and ice. Sometimes with Very Tragic results.

Phil
Black Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22, 2008, 11:00 PM   #14

Patty

I guess its just my mood Tonight but. As i scrolled through the pictures. My initial thought upon seeing the Snow on the grill. Was if the snow was blue, it wood look just like Marge Simpons head!!!:lol:

Phil
Black Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 23, 2008, 1:01 AM   #15

LOL! I can see why you might think that. Sorry, Patty, but I just had to add this in, to support Phil's case.
Attached Images

mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 23, 2008, 7:33 AM   #16

No problem, Harriet. It's hilarious. We think the same thing every year when we don't get the grill put away before it hits.

nhmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 23, 2008, 12:02 PM   #17

So the Christmas Barbecue is off then, Patty? I like your pictures, but no envy for the snow. Here it's finally getting a bit cold (today was sunny!) but no snow as yet. Fine with me!

Kjell
bilybianca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 23, 2008, 3:11 PM   #18

I feel so bad for you guys, high today 78 and sunny...
I just remembered why I moved to Florida.:G
GW:bye:
Goldwinger is offline   Reply With Quote