Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Dec 25, 2008, 6:46 PM   #11

I guess if you memorize every button where it is at and what it does then your ok, but if you don't use a lot of them all of the time dimmly little back lit buttons would be nice. That and I have a memory like a rock.

Robert
Robert Barnett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 25, 2008, 8:28 PM   #12

I'm with GW on this. I thought it was a nice idea. Then, last night on my way home from work I had stopped to photograph this lit tree in the entry to a barn. I had parked my car on a side street and only grabbed the camera and was having a heck of a time trying to read what settings I had on the camera. My handy little flashlight was on my keychainin the car. Didn't do me any good there.:sad: I hope Pentax is listening.

Patty
nhmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 26, 2008, 12:03 AM   #13

I plan to send the suggestion to them on this. They have been the first for other things in the camera world maybe they can set a new precedent for this as well.

Robert
Old Dec 26, 2008, 7:45 PM   #14

This is a great suggestion/request. I have the K100D and when turning the camera the on/off switch one over to the right it does a useless IMHO preview of a shot that is not kept in memory. With my D200 the same action has the much needed information screen top illuminate for a brief period so one can see the much needed info for camera adjustments.
vIZnquest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 26, 2008, 8:09 PM   #15

Robert Barnett wrote:
Quote:
I plan to send the suggestion to them on this. They have been the first for other things in the camera world maybe they can set a new precedent for this as well.

Robert
Well, while you're making suggestions...
if for some reason they aren't interested in backlit switches, perhaps you could suggest they at least use the same kind of florescent (glow in the dark) paint where they label everything. at least then you could hit it once with a flash light and it would stay lit while you were setting up your shots
.:-?
GW:bye:
Goldwinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 26, 2008, 9:10 PM   #16

Good idea. I will make sure and include that. And, if you don't have a flash light you run towards a speeding car in the dark, the headlights will do the trick! :lol:

Robert
Old Dec 26, 2008, 9:36 PM   #17

Or, at least the fact that they don't illuminate won't bother you any more after that.:-)

Patty
nhmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 27, 2008, 10:47 AM   #18

Well, one would hope that one would be agile enough not to be the dear on the hood. :shock:

Robert