Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Dec 26, 2008, 11:11 AM   #11

This is what I got: Newest release from Pentax

Attached Images

a200user is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 26, 2008, 11:33 AM   #12

Trojansoc wrote:
Quote:
kazuya wrote:
Quote:
crikey jelpee, can you imagine how much that must weigh with two bodys, lenses, a tripod and a laptop lol. :shock:
:lol: I don't have to imagine. I have a similar one and a standing appointment with a chiropractor.

Paul

paul,
that's the problem with the shoulder support + the tam300 is around 10#..
i usually take it to the zoo and aA70-210/4..

roy

robar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 26, 2008, 11:46 AM   #13

No camera equipment for me - I got some nice music (collectors edition of one of my favourites artists), an addon to a computer game I play now and then, some sweets etc. - but I'll throw in my latest lens purchase to be fair: the Viv 24/2 - so it's quite some stuff to pe happy about!

AND: I've got free time! Time to meet the family, friends, a day off to prepare things and make the time less stressful. No work for me until 7th of January! Yay!
thkn777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 26, 2008, 1:22 PM   #14

thkn777 wrote:
Quote:
No camera equipment for me - I got some nice music (collectors edition of one of my favourites artists), an addon to a computer game I play now and then, some sweets etc. - but I'll throw in my latest lens purchase to be fair: the Viv 24/2 - so it's quite some stuff to pe happy about!

AND: I've got free time! Time to meet the family, friends, a day off to prepare things and make the time less stressful. No work for me until 7th of January! Yay!
Electricity & Heat-thank you Thomas Edison !
DMJJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 27, 2008, 2:28 AM   #15

Got (myself) a bunch of camera accessories for Christmas: Pentax AF360 FGZ flash, Sto-Fen diffusers for the AF360 and my Metz 48 AF-1, a pair of UltraPod Is, and a BlackRapid R-Strap RS-4.

I also got a Flip MinoHD to record some video...plan on doing a video review on the R-Strap among other things...more on that later!

- Jason
Attached Images

Illuminati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 27, 2008, 7:17 AM   #16

Ok, Santa didn't bring this to me . . .

But I finally pulled together enough to get myself my Pentax AF540FGZ flash!

I tried to pick up a Gary Fong Lightsphere Universal Cloud, but when I got to the camera store, there was a big sticker that said "Clear" on it. (It didn't look clear) but I wasn't 100% sure that that was the one I wanted, so I didn't pick up the Gary Fong.

So I might not have the Gary Fong to play with at New Years, but at least I got my flash unit.

And if there's some time during the next few days, I'm going to try out some two strob set-ups with my Vivitar 285HV as main & Pentax AF540FGZ with its built-in trigger as either fill-light or hair-light! <yeah>

Take care,
Glen

tacticdesigns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 27, 2008, 1:12 PM   #17

Just got a copy of "Black & White Photographer" magazine, we already bought our gift, an electric fireplace and a 42" plasma to mount over it. Sorry, this was shot with our ancient Fuji P&S.

OKay, I did get a game for my "hand-me-up" Nintendo DS, and one for my "hand-me-up" old school X-Box, and a memory card for my "hand-me-up" repaired PS2. All I play on the PS2 is Gran Turismo 3, all I play on the X-Box is racing games (I have 5 right now) and all I play on the DS is puzzle type games like Brain Age. I guess deep down I am still a bit of a nerd (please excuse understatement).

Ira
Attached Images

Monza76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 27, 2008, 11:05 PM   #18

I am in the same boat as Harriot. I Got mainly cloths that i really Needed. And one PC game.
I did however get the ok, to Start looking for a new PC as my 6 year old PC is getting a little flaky.

Phil
Black Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 28, 2008, 3:50 PM   #19

Nothing photographic from Santa this year. But my wife did get me a portable DVD player to help occupy my time on my long daily commutes to and from New York City.

I also got a nice, not-too-big, weather-resistant portable bag with shoulder strap that has enough room for a book and some other accessories along with the DVD player. It even has nice internal holsters for a cell phone, iPod and other items - like a compact or ultra-compact point and shoot.

Right now, my Canon SD1000 will probably occupy that spot. It's a great little camera that does a solid job with candid snapshots. But it only zooms out as wide as 35mm. I wouldn't mind something wider for urban landscapes. The Panasonic LX3 comes to mind... over and over again. :G'

Hmmm. There's nothing wrong with the SD1000. I'll have to see if I can justify the cost of the LX3, especially when I have yet to purchase the 35mm f/2.8 DA macro prime that I'd like for my K200D.
Biro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 28, 2008, 5:25 PM   #20

ive got a canon ixus 400, had it for ages, takes geat pics, turned it on the other day and the screen on the back flickers like mad. when i take pictures they have a pink tint to them,

kazuya is offline   Reply With Quote