Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Dec 30, 2008, 7:18 PM   #21

Well I am finally coming up for air with the holiday season coming to an end. Christmas was very nice at the NonEntity household. I did get a Pentax 540 flash as my Sigma 500 flash will no longer communicate with the camera. I also got some Hoya knock offs of the Spuds lens cleaning cloths.

My fifteen year old is in to graphic arts and photo manipulation (as opposed to simply editing and improving - she turns photographs into something completely different) and we bought her Photoshop CS4. If you are planning on buying CS4 it would probably be worthwhile to sign up for a class at your local community college; my wife is taking college classes and the academic discount is close to 80%.

I will probably try CS4 at some point but I expect Paint Shop Pro x2 will do everything I need done.

Tim
NonEntity1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31, 2008, 4:32 AM   #22

i should of gone to bed earlier
i dint get a lot

maybe i need to go shopping (just purely in the interest of keeping the economy ticking over lol )

Gumnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31, 2008, 8:37 AM   #23

Gumnut wrote:
Quote:
maybe i need to go shoppingÂ* (just purely in the interest of keeping the economy ticking over lol )
LOL! That's how I justified a new coffee pot, just trying to keep the economy going.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31, 2008, 8:43 AM   #24

Gumnut wrote:
Quote:
maybe i need to go shopping (just purely in the interest of keeping the economy ticking over lol )
I did my part to Stimulate the Economy!! I just bought a New Laptop

Phil
Black Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1, 2009, 9:51 PM   #25

I got money from everyone so that I can save up and upgrade my *istDL to a K20D. Hopefully it won't take too long to get there. It's only $728 right now at BeachCamera.
MadMikeSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2, 2009, 4:36 AM   #26

Santa must have lost his way somewhere because he only arrived yesterday

it's a Baby ... ... ... lensbaby 2.0

that I could get it at 68€ now that they are changing their products, and it's fun.

Cheers

Ronny

[img]file:///C:/Users/rhermans/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot.jpg[/img]
rhermans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2, 2009, 6:43 AM   #27

Oh, everyone is getting such nice things this year. I don't feel at all bad about min this year, as last year I only got books. Books are good, but the K20 is better.

Those of you waiting for the K20, you'll be very happy when it comes. It's a great camera. I can't imagine wanting to upgrade any time soon. Although, yesterday's article about video on dSLR's did catch my eye. That's the one thing I still miss and one of the reasons I still want a small p&s. Oh, well, we're never totally satisfied.

Anyway, it seems like lots of us have gotten new things toamaze all of us with this year.

Patty

nhmom is offline   Reply With Quote