Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Dec 29, 2008, 8:32 PM   #11

Thanks, Phil and Jay. I checked out my photos from Lawrence, Massachusetts yesterday and there seem to be many more keepers again. At least now I'm thinking it's not me not being able to hold the camera steady.

Jay - They were both shot with my kit lens from the K100.

Patty
nhmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2008, 8:47 PM   #12

I know I'm not the only Pentaxian left who doesn't have a K20, but I'm starting to feel a bit lonely. Congrats on the new acquisition. I'll upgrade eventually -- once we get a new computer, and pay off some bills. Oh wait, our son, who just spent a year as an AmeriCorps volunteer, is returning to college in a few weeks. That will certainly use up any and all excess cash. It may be a while yet before I upgrade.
mtnman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30, 2008, 8:25 PM   #13

Congratulations Patty, you are going to enjoy it. My parents took my kids up to New England for a week and they stopped in Lawrence and visited the textile industry museum. Mom grew up in Methuen Mass and I was born in Georgetown. Grew up (well until I was 12) in the White Mountain valley though.

Tim
NonEntity1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30, 2008, 10:52 PM   #14

Quote:
I took another 100 or so shots today when we went to a local old mill town. Haven't downloaded them yet, but I have liked the others I've taken in low light. Oh, and also stopped on the way home tonight and took a lot of Christmas light shots. I'll see if they're any better than the ones I tried last week with the K100.

Hmmm, on what you got with your camera. How much did you pay? I paid $704.50. Oh, did you get one with the lens package? I only got the body only. I wouldn't have minded the package ones, but the one I was interested in was the either 18-250 lens or 16-50 and that put the price up too high for me. Although, I am in the process of buying a spare battery, new bag and just bought a 4GB SanDisk Ultra II card tonight for $17 from Best Buy. So, I may have been better to just get the package. Oh, well.

Patty

well the last time I took a hundred shots of eggnog I ended up drunk as a skunk!
Oh Waite, you're talking about camera shots
.:G

my package was just the body for $729 and came with the 2 gig ultra II a free extra battery and a nice little Slinger bag that you can hand carry, shoulder strap, or with the waist strap or wear it like a backpack. the main compartment will hold my camera with the 70-210 attached plus my 540 flash and a couple more short lenses like my 50mm and my sp90mm then there are two pockets on the front that will hold other miscellaneous items even with my 100-300mm lens in there. then there are two side pockets made of strechy netting and a little zippered pouch on the back side for... cleaning cloth or what ever. it's a small bag but, can really hold quite a bit of gear! list price is $59. but that could be inflated but looking at other similler bags it sounds about right.
GW:bye:
Goldwinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30, 2008, 11:28 PM   #15

Very sharp shots, looks like you are going to have some great fun with your new camera if the weather ever calms down.

Tom
ennacac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31, 2008, 9:00 PM   #16

mtnman - I know how you feel. I was there just a week ago. Luckily I don't have any kids in college (at least that we're paying for). And, we got the new computer a few months ago and the bills do continue to come in. But, sometimes you just gotta go for it!

Tim - that's one place I've not managed to get to you is the textile museum. It's supposed to be great. It was too early Sunday morning when we were there. If you do ever make it back this way, let me know.

GW - sounds like you got a great deal. Wonder if I could return mine and start over again with your deal.:O I haven't gotten the battery yet. Need to do that tomorrow, but I did get a 4GB card last weekend and made a rash decision on a new bag the other day on ebay. I'd been watching the Think Tank Urban Disguise bags for a while now. I've missed the bid on quite a few. So, when one was a buy it now at what I'd already determined was my max bid, I just got it. I've bought two other bags in the interim thinking they might meet my needs, but each hasn't done it. I was ready to buy the Rezo 170 (after Roy's comment on another thread last week), then saw the TT one. The 170 was going to barely fit what I wanted. I was looking for something I could keep the 70-300 on the camera in the bag with. And, still small enough to carry back and forth to work each day. I do like the sling bags (have the LP 100). Used it until just recently when my hubby asked if he could borrow it and hasn't given it back.

Thanks, Tom. I am impressed with this camera. Still trying to get through the manual and learn all the new stuff.

Patty
nhmom is offline   Reply With Quote