Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Dec 26, 2008, 10:02 PM   #1

Okay, it isn't anything to write home about, but here is the very first photo I took with the K20. I was trying to get a shot for the biweekly challenge here on Steve's for "traditional holiday food".

Was hoping to go out tomorrow and get some outdoor shots, but the weather seems to not be cooperating again. It will be raining for the next two days! Sunny Monday. But, I have to go back to work then. This makes three weekends in a row of yucky weather. I want to go back to California.

I am very impressed with the camera. I've taken about 50 photos now and there are many more keepers than in the past for me. The camera feels nice and solid. Isn't too heavy, although with the flash unit on borders it. I love the larger viewfinder. Makes it much easier for me. I'm still debating on whether to put on the magnifier or not. I think I'm going to like this.

Patty

Attached Images

nhmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 26, 2008, 10:04 PM   #2

Here is a shot taken tonight of one of my aunt's kitties. This is Coquette. They usually go crazy with catnip. But, for some reason they were pretty much ignoring the mice we gave them with it in it.
Attached Images

Old Dec 26, 2008, 11:41 PM   #3

That egg nog sure looks good! Well done with the new camera - looks like you won't have much trouble getting used to it. It does take some getting used to, though, with all the extra controls and options. And going from the K100, the file sizes are SO much bigger (it doesn't take much to fill up a DVD if you shoot raw+ most of the time). But isn't it nice to have all that extra detail?
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 27, 2008, 2:42 PM   #4

Yep, I keep turning the e-dial on the front when I'm trying to turn it off and on. And, reaching for the flash in the wrong place. But, I can easily get used to all this with how impressed I am with the photos it's taking.

The hubby and I were going to go out today, but he keeps waiting for the rain to come. If we would have left this morning at 8 when I first said we would have been fine. But, now it's going to be dark too soon. Maybe we'll try tomorrow. Hopefully I can get him out the door early.:roll:

I am finding that the card I have is filling up quickly. I have a 4GB and it only wants to hold close to 100 RAW+ images. Might need to get a larger card, too. I only have a 2GB and 1GB. So, a spare battery, extra cards, new bag, new printer to print the nice images on. Hmmm......

Patty
Old Dec 28, 2008, 7:06 PM   #5

Hey Patty,
That eggnog looks good! I didn't get any this year... I feel left out

I can't get over the color saturation on the 20 versus the 10!
BTW you said you got your from Adorama right? mine came with the extra battery 2gig card and a slinger bag, you must have gotten a different package? I really like the bag, I can fit the 70-200mm on camera in it along with the 540 flash a three other lenses in it, quite compact and not too heavy either. oh, and I'm using the mag viewfinder on mine and so far I like it.

GW:bye:

Goldwinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 28, 2008, 7:23 PM   #6

Very nicely done Patty.

Dawg
bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 28, 2008, 8:17 PM   #7

Goldwinger wrote:
Quote:
Hey Patty,
That eggnog looks good! I didn't get any this year... I feel left out

I can't get over the color saturation on the 20 versus the 10!
BTW you said you got your from Adorama right? mine came with the extra battery 2gig card and a slinger bag, you must have gotten a different package? I really like the bag, I can fit the 70-200mm on camera in it along with the 540 flash a three other lenses in it, quite compact and not too heavy either. oh, and I'm using the mag viewfinder on mine and so far I like it.

GW:bye:
I took another 100 or so shots today when we went to a local old mill town. Haven't downloaded them yet, but I have liked the others I've taken in low light. Oh, and also stopped on the way home tonight and took a lot of Christmas light shots. I'll see if they're any better than the ones I tried last week with the K100.

Hmmm, on what you got with your camera. How much did you pay? I paid $704.50. Oh, did you get one with the lens package? I only got the body only. I wouldn't have minded the package ones, but the one I was interested in was the either 18-250 lens or 16-50 and that put the price up too high for me. Although, I am in the process of buying a spare battery, new bag and just bought a 4GB SanDisk Ultra II card tonight for $17 from Best Buy. So, I may have been better to just get the package. Oh, well.

Patty
Old Dec 28, 2008, 8:19 PM   #8

bigdawg wrote:
Quote:
Very nicely done Patty.

Dawg
Thanks, BD. I'm on my laptop now and noticing the colors look totally different than on our desktop with the LCD monitor. The red's not as vibrant. Although, Coquette looks about the same.

Patty
Old Dec 28, 2008, 11:17 PM   #9

Patty

Looking Good here!!!

Phil
Black Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2008, 6:32 PM   #10

Location: Hebron, Kentucky (northern Kentucky/Greater Cincinnati):KCVG

Looking good Patty! What lens did you shoot these with?
Wingman is offline   Reply With Quote