Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Dec 31, 2008, 8:50 PM   #1

A few weeks back while I was waiting for Samsung refund my money for my GX10, I was looking through eBay's LBA enablers site, when I saw this Sears brand 135mm macro lens and decided to place a bid for about $20 on it not expecting to win it but, I did.
Anyway, this was my first trial shot with it and I think I'm going to like it!

this is my best friend. her name is "Harley girl" she is extremely loving and playful but, I was forced to put up a "beware of dog" sign because if you aren't careful she is likely to lick you to death!

BTW, we're having puppies in a couple months. she managed to dig under the fence into the neighbors yard who just happened to have a Brazilian Bull Mastiff who was only to happy to take on the responsibility of fatherhood...

anybody want a puppy? :G

Goldwinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 31, 2008, 10:39 PM   #2

Ooops! Those will be interesting looking pups - wonder how many will get Daddy's size and how many will get the soft long fur of Mom.

Nice clear shot - some of the Sears lenses were pretty good and it looks like you got a nice one.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1, 2009, 6:29 AM   #3

Lovely shot!

No puppies for me please, I've got a cat for a reason... I work all day and don't have the time to really do something with a dog. It's not fair to have a good friend and put him into prison all day long (my opinion).

Th.
thkn777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1, 2009, 7:00 AM   #4

Very nice shot, GW. And, she's so cute!

We lost too many pets last year to be ready for a new one yet. We still have my son's ex-fiance's dog and my husband's pet sunfish. That's enough for us right now.

Patty
nhmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1, 2009, 8:18 AM   #5

Nice shot GW. I have had a few 135mm primes through my hands now and they generally have been good performers.

As far as a puppy, um, maybe. You have seen we like big dogs. I would have to talk to my wife first, but if she (your dog, not my wife) has a puppy that seems to take after the father, well, maybe.

Tim
NonEntity1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1, 2009, 8:55 AM   #6

With such a model any lens would do.:love:

Kjell
bilybianca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1, 2009, 6:07 PM   #7

Very nicely done, GW. Looks like you got a winner, and the lens don't look bad, either. :-)

Paul
Trojansoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2, 2009, 8:39 AM   #8

She's a beautiful dog, and will no doubt make a wonderful mom. As to adopting a pup, thanks, but we already have three dogs and two cats. That's more than enough. (Idon'twant to knowwhat we spend inpet food and vet bills in a typical year, butI suspect it would pay for a K 20D several times over.) Looks like you got a great deal on your lens, also.
mtnman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2, 2009, 11:26 AM   #9

GW

Great shot of a Beautiful dog.

Phil
Black Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2, 2009, 11:43 AM   #10

Well Harriet,
It will be interesting to see what comes out.
Harley girl is mostly golden retriever, I came home one day and there she was in my back yard. Couldn't figure out how she got back there until I discovered a small opening in one section of the fence. anyway I opened the gate and petted her for a moment then let her out and said go on, go home. then I walk ed out to the mail box to get the mail and as I was coming back into the yard, there she was right be hind me! I couldn't get her to go home and I was afraid she'd get hit by a car so I put her back in the yard figured someone would come looking for her sooner or later. I ran an ad in the lost & found and posted signs but, no one claimed her, soooo...
she always greets me with something in her mouth, anything from one of her play toys to a leaf laying on the ground, anytime she sees me she'll pick up the closest item she can find and brings it to me with her tail just a wagging! she really is something else.
:G
Goldwinger is offline   Reply With Quote