Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Jan 10, 2009, 1:56 PM   #1

3 months ago I found this tele-macro convertor on the internet.

after searching the internet I decided that the I would pay the 50€ to get it.

So I contacted the lady who was selling it, and I could come over to fetch it.
She lived on the third floor and I went up, we talked a bit I paid for the tc and went back downstairs.
Then I broke the speed record for walking downstairs, in 1 sec I went from the 3rd to the second floor.
Needless to say that this wasn't good, I broke my tibia just above the ankle.
Now 3 months later a few casts and an operation I'm back walking around without crutches.

I just wanted to post this that LBA is really really dangerous. :?

Ronny

ps: the tc wasn't hurt when
I got down the stairs.
rhermans is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 10, 2009, 4:11 PM   #2

So is CBA - I once drove about 30 miles to a camera store for an advertised movie camera I wanted but didn't really need, and had a traffic accident on the way. When I finally got to the store the manager said "Oh, it isn't here - I have it at home!" Needless to say, I never went back, and the insurance company paid but dinged me good. The internet now has made it possible to pursue our excesses in physical safety (doesn't do much for financial security, or protect against angry spouses, though). BTW that was Samy's, when it was only a hole in the wall in Beverly Hills.

Glad you are back on your feet.
penolta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2009, 4:52 PM   #3

The cons of this experience are obvious. The pro is that you can give us real good close ups of your healing ankle with that Macro TC.:idea:

Good to hear from you, Ronny, andmy wishesfor a quick and total recovery.

Kjell
bilybianca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2009, 5:02 PM   #4

Hi Ronny $ Penolta,

Definitely a couple of lessons to be learned here.

1. Don't buy a TC from a lady who lives on the 3rd floor, or at least have her ship it.

2. Don't drive to pick up an unneeded movie cam from a camera store more than 20 miles away unless you call first.

Well, as long as there's nothing else to get in the way of my LBA, I can live with those. . .:-)

Seriously -- Ronny, it's good to hear that you're back on your feet, and I'm looking forward to seeing some work with the Panagor -- I've heard that it's a very good macro TC.

Scott
snostorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2009, 6:21 PM   #5

Sorry to hear of your mishaps, Ronny and Penolta. Glad to hear I'm not the only one who does things like these. And, that LBA and CBA are survivable.

Patty
nhmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2009, 6:24 PM   #6

snostorm wrote:
Quote:
Hi Ronny $ Penolta,
2. Don't drive to pick up an unneeded movie cam from a camera store more than 20 miles away unless you call first.
Scott
Hey, I did . . . but the clerk only asked the boss if it had been sold yet! :angry:
Old Jan 10, 2009, 7:23 PM   #7

I feel for you - at least the TC survived OK. Bones do mend (more or less), it's just such a bad time while they do it.

Penolta - you haven't been to Samys since? I still haven't been to their store on Fairfax, but I understand it's got several floors.

I read this thread to my other half right now, and made the remark that since the only photographic things I want at the moment are little (a step-up ring for the new lens), perhaps we could safely visit Samys tomorrow. After he picked himself off the floor from laughing hysterically, he pointed out that the only reason I'm in this condition is that I'm still playing with my new toys (the lens and GPS). He figures in about 45 days I'll be back to normal, wanting another lens or something else that's expensive.

What I didn't mention to him is that I sure would like something like that TC that started this thread. On second thought, I think I'll stay home tomorrow...
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2009, 9:45 PM   #8

Harriet, Samy's doesn't carry Pentax any more - only the K20D on special order through their website. Save yourself the trip. I've only been to their OC store once to get a bargain closeout Tamron in Sony/Minolta mount.
Old Jan 10, 2009, 9:49 PM   #9

Hey Ronny,
I'm glad the TC was OK or it would have really added insult to injury!:G
seriously though, I'm glad to hear you're doing OK. you had better luck than I did the other day when I had a little accident but, we won't go into that right now...
GW:bye:
Goldwinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2009, 4:41 AM   #10

glad to hear you are ok
so
where are the photos with it???

Gumnut is offline   Reply With Quote