Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Jan 18, 2009, 4:15 PM   #1

With my daughter's destination wedding in the Virgin Islands coming up in April, I've been shopping for a few things. A couple of items are new (tripod and Dryzone), but the rest have been purchased on Ebay or through the local CraigsList. The only other thing I need is a dry bag...There are some pretty good deals out there right now...

Left Rear—Olympus Stylus 400 and underwater case--$50 for the pair
Right Rear—Nikon Coolpix 3300 and underwater case--$90 for the pair

Lower Left—Wolverine 100 Gig media drive--$159
Lower Right—dryzone packets for the camera bags--$8.00
Center—Slick Travel Tripod--$90.00

Attached Images

Rickst is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 19, 2009, 6:06 PM   #2

Why do I get the feeling you are planning on going diving or at least snorkeling while you are there? And are you planning on taking any clothes with you - looks like you'll have most of your luggage full of gadgets! Looks like fun, though.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19, 2009, 8:09 PM   #3

Funny you should ask...I just did a "practice" pack tonight. I was able to get my travel tripod, Pentax K10 and assorted lenses and accessories into an "legal" carry on bag (inside a small Lowepro backpack that fit in the carry on bag) and still have room for a day's set of clothes (in case they lose my checked bag). My "personal" item will be a slingshot 200 bag with another Body (either DS or K100) and batteries, chargers, etc., etc.

I probably won't go snorkeling much, but I'm sure some of the kids will. The cameras with their cases work on land, too, so they will be useful on the beach to keep sand and water out of the cameras. They will serve us well on any day trip sails we may take, too.

If you think I'm looking forward to the trip, YOU'RE RIGHT! It was 30 below zero here for two days last week (air temp, not windchill), and I'm pretty tired of winter right now.
Rickst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19, 2009, 9:00 PM   #4

A major trip is the best excuse I can think of to stock up on gear. Several years ago I bought my Panasonic FZ30 because we were going to spend a week in Alaska. The following summer, my wife and I decided to spend a week on the Maine coast and go on a puffin-watching trip. Much as I liked the Panasonic super-zoom, I decided this trip was a perfect reason to buy a K-100D and a Sigma 70-300 APO DG lens. Your upcoming trip sounds awesome, and it sounds to me like a perfect reason to buy some more camera gear! Travel safely.

I liked your comment about how much you're looking forward to this trip, with the bitter cold all of us in the north have been facing recently. Several times over the past couple of weeks, I've found myself looking closely at different areas in the Bahamas on Google Earth.
mtnman is offline   Reply With Quote