Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Jan 28, 2009, 5:10 PM   #1

Location: Hebron, Kentucky (northern Kentucky/Greater Cincinnati):KCVG

Some images from the winter storm that blew past the Ohio Valley between yesterday and today. Snow, freezing rain, ice accumulation and more snow, and now sunny skies! Ice is by far the biggest issue in these parts.

K20D w DA*16-50 & DA*50-135.

Check out the ice on the dove's tail!

Did not keep the mail carrier away!

Wingman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 28, 2009, 6:24 PM   #2

Those ice shots are great.

Tom
ennacac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2009, 7:07 PM   #3

At least you made some good use of the ice storm - I love the second one. As much as I hate ice storms, I wish we would have one on a Friday nightso I could take some pictures like that. I think pine needles covered with ice are fascinating.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29, 2009, 3:15 AM   #4

just been watching the news about the storm, sounds pretty bad, good to see someone making the most of it. Great shots
kazuya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29, 2009, 9:37 AM   #5

well, I started to say those are pretty cool pix but, guess I should say they are down right cold! :-) Anyway they're great shots, just glad I'm here and not there!
GW:bye:
Goldwinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29, 2009, 10:29 AM   #6

Hi Jelpee,

I live a few hours north of you, but we got hit by the same storm. We didn't get ice, we got snow, about a foot of the white stuff.

Here's our beagle, Molly Peaches" romping in the snow.
Attached Images

FaithfulPastor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29, 2009, 10:29 AM   #7

Hi Jelpee,

I live a few hours north of you, but we got hit by the same storm. We didn't get ice, we got snow, about a foot of the white stuff.

Attached Images

FaithfulPastor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29, 2009, 12:59 PM   #8

FaithfulPastor wrote:
Quote:
Hi Jelpee,

Hello Pastor M,
I just wanted to say Hi. your Beagle reminds me of my dads dog, they sure are fun in the snow!
:-)
GW:bye:
Goldwinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29, 2009, 5:15 PM   #9

Location: Hebron, Kentucky (northern Kentucky/Greater Cincinnati):KCVG

Thanks for your comments all! I am not one for venturing out in inclement weather with my gear. Even though the K20D and DA*lenses have abundant seals, I don't have the nerve to test it...call me a wimp! By the time I wandered out however, the precipitation had ended; I was hoping for some sunshine which would have made the images of the ice sparkle!

Harriet: While ice storms can be pretty, I don't think you want to have one around. Besides bringing the roadways to a halt, extended power outages and damage to buildings and trees can be quite severe. I was fortunate that my area was not impacted by power outages since the temps never got above 20F.

Faithful Pastor: I'll take the snow over the ice in a heartbeat!Your Beagle, Molly, is cute by the way; when I was growing up our family dog was a Beagle--friendliest breed IMHO!
Wingman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2009, 3:07 PM   #10

Very nice. I like them all. I have yet to find time to process mine from mid December when we had our ice storm. Hoping to find some time tomorrow during the game.

Having just been through that, I know your pain with it. We've just had tons of snow since. I'm going broke paying the plow guy. Our driveway is just too long to shovel any more.

Speaking of the seals on the K20, I've been the same. I know it's supposed to be sealed, but I'm just not sure about it. If my lenses aren't, is it pointless? I'm still trying to learn all the features on the K20. Mostly had it set in green mode when my sister was here and we were out siteseeing and museum visiting.

Patty

nhmom is offline   Reply With Quote