Steve's Digicams Forums

Steve's Digicams Forums (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/)
-   Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/pentax-samsung-dslr-k-mount-mirrorless-73/)
-   -   Fur no Feathers (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/pentax-samsung-dslr-k-mount-mirrorless/151637-fur-no-feathers.html)

StevieRaveOn Jan 31, 2009 11:44 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Finally something without feathers........:lol:

Stevie

StevieRaveOn Jan 31, 2009 11:45 AM

1 Attachment(s)
.....one more

nhmom Jan 31, 2009 2:21 PM

Nice and sharp. I can't get the guys to still long enough for me!:-)

Patty

mtngal Jan 31, 2009 2:45 PM

Very nice! Your squirrels look a little different than ours, I like yours.

Patty - if you want your local squirrels to pose for you, just feed them. Then they'll pose for you very nicely (to the point that you might finding yourself tripping over them). Of course, you won't be able to get rid of them, you'll have them hanging around your front door, they become quite aggressive and you'll attract coyotes or other larger animals that feed on them. So the pictures you get don't come close to the price you'll pay if you try this...

nhmom Jan 31, 2009 2:58 PM

:lol: How true, Harriet! If I could get up in our attic I could probably get some nice ones now that I think of it. They like to nest up there. We just keep catching them with the HaveAHeart traps and releasing them in the next town over. And, I noticed a mouse had gotten into the spare bag of confectioner's sugar I had in the basement yesterday. So, I guess we sort of have our own type of feeding system for the wild animals. :-)

Patty

Goldwinger Jan 31, 2009 6:34 PM

Nice capture Steve:cool:
GW:bye:

kazuya Feb 1, 2009 2:29 PM

mtngal wrote:
Quote:

Very nice! Your squirrels look a little different than ours, I like yours.

Patty - if you want your local squirrels to pose for you, just feed them. Then they'll pose for you very nicely (to the point that you might finding yourself tripping over them). Of course, you won't be able to get rid of them, you'll have them hanging around your front door, they become quite aggressive and you'll attract coyotes or other larger animals that feed on them. So the pictures you get don't come close to the price you'll pay if you try this...
yes but then you can post some nice shots of coyotes and larger animals :-)

mtngal Feb 1, 2009 4:31 PM

Quote:

yes but then you can post some nice shots of coyotes and larger animals .
As long as you didn't end up as lunch for one of those larger animals!

Lyrics51 Feb 3, 2009 2:07 AM

That first one is great. Such an expression and the quality of the picture is wonderful.

Glenn

ennacac Feb 3, 2009 5:01 PM

Very nice shots, squirrels are a real pest here and we eliminate them one way or the other since they are extremely destructive and chew everything up to make nests out of.

Live traps are first, but we are country folks and back when I was a kid we use to eat them, although I don't do that any more. The people in town seem to really like them so I help them out as much as possible to feed their addiction.

Tom