Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Feb 1, 2009, 7:42 AM   #1

Anyone who has actually paid attention to my ravings has probably noticed that I keep changing my basic kit, the bag I take with me most of the time. Well it has happened again. After giving my son the DA 18-55mm, the FA 28-80mm, the FA (silver) 100-300mm, the A 70-210mm and the M 50mm f1.7, I took back the *istDL and gave him the more capable *istDS with the split image screen. I then bought another DA 18-55mm and a DA 50-200mm for Annette so no my "serious" camera bag contains:

K10D with Sigma 24-135mm f2.8-4.5 attached
DA 14mm f2.8
FA 28-70mm f4
F 100-300mm f4.5-5.6 (the faster, heavier lens)
M 200mm f4
M 100mm f4 macro

My carry around kit is now:

*istDL with FA 50mm f1.4 attached
FA 35mm f2
wired remote
right angle finder
tabletop Optex tripod.

I just can't make up my mind.

BTW Annette now has the two DA kit lenses with her K100D.

Ira
Monza76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 1, 2009, 8:07 AM   #2

And they say women are bad about that...:G
GW:bye:
Goldwinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1, 2009, 1:36 PM   #3

When you have settled finally and know what you want you are definitelya matured photographer. But remember, "mature" is the last stage before decay...

Keep playing, we're doing this for fun, right?

Kjell
bilybianca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2009, 1:13 AM   #4

Ira, whatever you carry in your bag always seems to produce some pretty nice pictures. So I would go with Bobby McFerrin,

Don't Worry Be Happy!!

Glenn
Lyrics51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2009, 3:25 AM   #5

The advice that I recieved many years ago was to keep it simple and only use the minimum, even going out with just ONE lens - remember the days with fixed focal length lens where you had to work at the composition rather than zoom in/out 'cause zoom lens were a tad expensive.

Of course, it's horses for courses, & depends upon the 'job in hand' but I find the Tamron 18-250mm a good workhorse but it's not fast & you have to keep it stopped down with increased ISO at times to ovecome vignetting.

So for me, it's simple 1 Pentax K10 & 1 Tamrom 18-250mm.

I leave the Pentax *istDS, 18-55mm & 50-200mm at home.

Catbells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2009, 11:10 AM   #6

this is a dilemma i think we all face, thelast walking trip i took i hadthe 28mm, 50mm, and 55-300, i also took grad filters and flashand lastly my tripod, after about 10 miles i was begining to wish id paid out the extra money and bought the carbon fibre tripod instead lol

that said as long as itighten the chest straps on my bag its not so bad. but im still toying with the idea of making my dog carry the tripod on some kind ofharness lol

where abouts on the isle of wight are you catbells? as a child we holidayed there every year, on the appledurcum caravan park at godshill? lovely island it is

kazuya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5, 2009, 3:12 PM   #7

kazuya wrote:
Quote:
where abouts on the isle of wight are you catbells? as a child we holidayed there every year, on the appledurcum caravan park at godshill?
Newport, which is slap bang in the middle - never too far from the sea in any direction. I know the camping site well but it's a tad closer to Wroxall than Godshill.
Catbells is offline   Reply With Quote