Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Feb 2, 2009, 6:48 PM   #1

I decided to take a couple of my old lenses out and play around with them. With a crust topped snow coveringon the ground and a few more inches in the forecast, I didn't stray far from the patio today.

Thanks for looking

Stevie
Attached Images

StevieRaveOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 2, 2009, 6:53 PM   #2

This one is with a tamron SP 27A 28-80mm. I'm really don't know how good these lenses are supposed to be. I got them back when I was ............well lets just say I wish I was that age again. :-)

Attached Images

Old Feb 2, 2009, 7:59 PM   #3

I like no1. No. 2 looks a little low on contrast. Very good Bokeh in these. Their SP is supposed to be very good. I'd be sure to keep them and use them a lot.

Dawg
bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2, 2009, 8:15 PM   #4

I am still learning what this k20 can do. I really haven't used it much in the manual setting. I keep reading and snapping pictures. It sure is fun. The folks right here help methe most. That second photo I should have used the flash to help out.

Stevie
Old Feb 2, 2009, 9:27 PM   #5

Tamron's SP lenses are their top quality ones, and while its hard to judge much from one picture, your lens looks very sharp. I really appreciate the auto focus lenses now, but they aren't quite as much fun as my old manual lenses. Every time I go out and shoot with that old M 50mm 1.7, I have such fun.

P.S. I hear you on the "wish I were that age again." My M 50 came in a kit with a Pentax ME camera that a boyfriend bought me back in 1980!
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2, 2009, 9:50 PM   #6

Steve,
I have the lenses 28-70 and 70-210mm and I was surprised how well they preform!
I'm now looking for the "SP" versions to add to my collection.

GW:bye:
Goldwinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2, 2009, 9:53 PM   #7

I know I had a 50mm lens with my Pentax Me. I just can't find it.........I think I left that behind at my Mom's house. Yeah.......oh the late 70's...early 80's I'm ready to start over again...

Stevie
Old Feb 2, 2009, 10:30 PM   #8

Great shots, with some very high quality old glass.

About wishing you were that age again, approximately 10 years ago my whole family gathered to celebrate my grandmother's 95th birthday. At one point during the evening, she said very wistfully, "Oh to be 80 again, now that would be just wonderful. Those were such good years..." She died a few weeks shy of her 98th birthday. But with that said, I know the feeling. I think the hills around here are getting higher and steeper all the time. And my idea of a "day hike" has gotten much shorter than it was 20 or 25 years ago.
mtnman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2, 2009, 11:24 PM   #9

Both are very nice. Good job from what seems like nice lenses.

I'm still trying to find time to read through the manual for the K20. Just keep taking photos like I did with the K100. I know this camera has more options, but..... I almost bought some roses yesterday to practice with. Maybe this weekend. I have yet to try manual focus on it.

Patty

nhmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3, 2009, 12:24 AM   #10

Patty - I'll be curious to see if you notice a difference between manually focusing the K100 and the K20. Some people rave about how much better the pentaprism on the K20 is, but I've never noticed all that much difference.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote