Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Feb 3, 2009, 4:42 PM   #1

Took this today with the K10D and I already know I have to much time on my hands.

Tom
ennacac is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 3, 2009, 4:57 PM   #2

I did know that, and why, you have a lot of time to spend. Sorry about that (the reason). But actually I didn't know you have a K10D! I thought you bought one, was dissapointed with some focusing issue and sent it back, and didn't get a new one until you purchased a K20D. And of course keeping your *istDS (h*ck of a camera!). Did I miss something here?

I still don't love my 16-45, but we have learnt to live together.

Kjell
bilybianca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3, 2009, 5:12 PM   #3

Kjell,

Had three K10D's and the last one was de-bugged by hooking it up to a computer and it then focused perfectly with all my lenses. I was going to keep it and not get a K20D but the price got so low (under $700) I couldn't resist and I bought one.

I was going to sell the K10D but used prices are so low right now that I will just keep it until the supply of K20D's runs out and then sell it. I am still working on loving my K20D as much as I thought I would, so the K10D gets out quite a bit for low ISO work.

The 16-45mm that I have focuses just fine and it gives me better images than the kit lens does, so that is my only wide angle lens right now and my only DA lens.

Had to do something today, daytime TV is really sad or possibly a true comment on our society because someone must watch it.

Tom
ennacac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3, 2009, 7:23 PM   #4

Great shot Tom.
GW:bye:

Goldwinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3, 2009, 10:09 PM   #5

The shot is excellent! At least you have an excuse to not shovel all that snow. And I know what you mean about daytime TV - I usually find myself watching old movies when I'm sick. On the other hand, you can play with Photoshop (I like your frame and drop shadow, well done).
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2009, 12:49 AM   #6

ennacac wrote:
Quote:
the last one was de-bugged by hooking it up to a computer and it then focused perfectly with all my lenses.
This sounds very interesting, can you tell a bit more about it?

My 16-45 is also my only DA lens and the only very wide I have. I've been thinking about the DA14 mm, but have decided to wait a bit to see if something even wider rises over the horizon. The 16-45 isn't bad at all, it was simlpy no love at first sight and we're both working on that.

When I tell people I decided to not get a TV when I moved to my first own home 1974, and have stuck to that decision, some wonder how I survive at all. I think it rises my quality of life by several points. (I do have a monitor and a DVD player, but no reciever and no antenna. I watch a lot of movies, what I want when I want.)

Kjell

bilybianca is offline   Reply With Quote