Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Feb 4, 2009, 8:29 PM   #1

I am a frequent shopper with http://www.hsn.com and have noticed this little deal.. is this in fact the K20D ?? They have it labeled a K20 but I don't think that exists?? Sorry about the large link....

http://electronics.hsn.com/pentax-k20-digital-slr-camera-with-2-zoom-lenses_p-4677991_xp.aspx?webm_id=0&web_id=4677991&s f=ec&dept=ec0108&cat=ec0110&subcat=ec0 218&ocm=EC|ec0108|ec0110|ec0218&prev=hp!sf !dept!cat!subcat&ccm=EC|ec0108|ec0110|ec0218
jamesb2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 4, 2009, 8:48 PM   #2

Yep, that's the K20D. if you zoom in yo can see the logo.
but the price is ridiculous! they are going for under $700 now.

GW:bye:
Goldwinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2009, 10:07 PM   #3

Well I figured the price was way too high.. I wish I could shell out the money.. I have a K110D .. I wonder what I could get for that and put that toward the K20D? Hmmm...:idea:
jamesb2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2009, 11:03 PM   #4

Actually, the price isn't horrible. I noticed that B&H has raised their prices on the K20 again (not as high as they were originally, but higher than they were around Christmas). It includes both the DA18-55 and the 50-200, which makes it somewhat competitive, but not great. I personally don't like the 50-200 (mine is broken). If it had come with the DA 55-300, it would probably be worth looking at.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5, 2009, 1:40 PM   #5

Doesn't seem that much, the same setup cost's 842,93€ here.
What amounts to 1082 $.

And on the news they have already said that most Asian firm's are going to raise their prices. (especially electronics like tv, camera's ...)

I don't like it but ... what do you do against it.

rhermans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5, 2009, 2:07 PM   #6

See Steve's breaking news page - Pentax has just announced dslr price reductions with an in-store "instant rebate" on the K20. In store??? What store??? I haven't seen a local brick-and-mortar store advertisement including Pentax dslrs since Pentax announced their revised "marketing" strategy, and I haven't seen one in a store anywhere. Canon, Nikon, Sony, and maybe even Olympus and Panasonic, but Pentax? On line only (or special order), as far as I can determine, with maybe one or two exceptions in the whole greater LA area. No wonder they need to an incentive program - if anybody (but other Pentax users) even knows it exixts!
penolta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5, 2009, 3:15 PM   #7

Bel Air Camera always seems to have a couple of Pentaxcameras on sale, so if anyone is in the Westwood/West L.A. area, they can stop by (hint, hint - they carry what sells, if people ask for Pentax they'll keep carrying them). B&H's website now shows that there's a rebate on the K20, but they've also raised their prices.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7, 2009, 10:42 PM   #8

I was wondering if anyone had seen that posting. Unfortunately, I just spent my allotment for probably a while.

Our local Ritz stores do carry Pentax.Of course, it isn't what they readily show when anyone asks about dSLR's. But, if you ask, they'll get them out.

Patty
nhmom is offline   Reply With Quote