Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Feb 5, 2009, 1:18 PM   #1

I haven't posted here for a while because I went back to school. Being a full time student and having a full time job leaves me little time for myself.

A few days ago I was browsing craigslist to kill some time in between classes. I stumbled upon a Film Pentax camera, the Pentax ZX-L. I've always wanted an AF film body from pentax. I did some research on that camera and found out it was a pretty good camera. The big bonus was the lens that it came with, the Tamron 70-300mm lens. It also came with a cheaper Pentax 28-90mm lens and some other extra stuff all for $125. It was a deal that I just couldn't pass up. The only catch was I had to drive about 2 hours to pick up the great and it was worth it.

I am currently taking a Film photography class. I will use this camera side by side with the K1000 that I bought for the class. When I was doing the research for this camera I found out a lot about other film models that Pentax had. Now besides having LBA, I am developing CBA, Camera Buying Addiction. I am currently looking for the Pentax MZ-S and the Pentax LX camera. :lol:
I know I will never be able to use all of the camera and gears that I have. I enjoy taking pictures and collecting the tools that I use to take it with.

superakuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 5, 2009, 1:39 PM   #2

Location: Hebron, Kentucky (northern Kentucky/Greater Cincinnati):KCVG

Funny you should mention that...I used a ZX-L with the 28-90mm lens during my film days! Still have it sitting amongst my collection. Looks like you picked up a nice holster case which came with my ZX-L when I purchased it. What's in the Promaster box??
Wingman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5, 2009, 1:43 PM   #3

Yes that is a Promaster 2x AF teleconvertor. I haven't looked at the value of that unit or how "good" it is. So is it a good teleconvertor?
superakuma is offline   Reply With Quote