Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Feb 7, 2009, 9:42 PM   #1

Winter is back (temporarily), so I spent the day taking pictures. I kept seeing patterns and repetition all over my little subdivision. While I don't think they are more appropriate than the windows picture, I thought I might post a couple here. I've thought of a couple of other ways to interpret "repetition", but haven't found a suitable subject.

Man-made repetitions:

Another fence:

Natural random repetition:

Random Repetition of Trees:

The funny thing is that I was concentrating so hard on some of the pictures (like the second fence) that I didn't notice that my camera bag was turning white. The spots in the second fence shot was snow falling, not dust on the sensor. The birds were taken yesterday with the DA*50-135, the rest taken today with the DA 55-300.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 7, 2009, 10:25 PM   #2

These are all great photos. I'm especially taken with the wire fence. I've been so busy with work, town committee meetings, and parental obligations, that I haven't pressed the shutter button on any camera for several weeks. Congratulations for just getting out and taking some shots.
mtnman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2009, 12:33 PM   #3

Really nice, Harriet. I particularly like the first one.

Paul
Trojansoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2009, 2:40 PM   #4

Wish I could be as creative as you, Harriet! They are all very inventive angles of the theme. Artsy- or picturewise I think #2 is#1.

Kjell
bilybianca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2009, 8:32 PM   #5

They are all nice Harriet byt, the last one really looks fantastic! like the gold color in with the snow and trees.
GW:bye:
Goldwinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2009, 11:00 PM   #6

Thanks for the compliments mtnman, Paul and GW.

Kjell - you are certainly creative with your pictures, and I envy you some of your awesome glass, too. Some days I find it easy to "see" certain types of things, like whatever the monthly challenge is. Other days I can't see anything interesting. Here I was just wandering around in the new snow, looking for snow pictures (I got lots of them, too) and I saw all kinds of pictures. Part of it was the light, part of it was the snow (love new snow) and that always puts me in a good mood for seeing pictures everywhere. All of the pictures are of every-day things.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote