Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Feb 16, 2009, 5:44 PM   #1

have any of you guys had the privildge of comparing the lowepro slingshot 100 vs the tamrac velocity 8x
as far as comfoft, durability easy access to equipment

Dave

Pentax K20D / D-BG2
DA*16-50 : DA*50-135 : 360 FGZ
Domke F3X
dafiryde is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 16, 2009, 7:05 PM   #2

I looked at the Tamrac sling bags when I was getting ready to replace my Lowepro 200 (my first one was wearing out). The bag looks as well built as the Slingshot. I thought it would be harder to access the lower "pockets" than it is in the Lowepro. I re-arranged my Lowepro so I can get at everything from the top (side when carried) opening.

The Lowepro has better padding on its strap, seemed to me that it was also wider, but that may have been perception rather than fact. Because I was concerned about the accessibility of gear, and the padding/comfort of the strap (I carry heavy lenses), I didn't actually try adding all of my gear into one and putting it on fully loaded, so I really can't say if it is more or less comfortable than the Lowepro, especially with lighter loads.

The bag that I almost got instead of the Lowepro 200 was the Kata 3N1. The 3n1-10 looks like it's about the same size as the Lowepro Slingshot 100, it looks really well built and it can be worn either cross-shoulder like a sling bag on either shoulder or as a backpack (there are two straps and you can adjust them either way, tucking the unused one into a pocket). I would have sought out a 3n1-30 (the one I was considering, but my local camera store only had the 10 and 20) if Costco hadn't offered a great deal on the Lowepro 200 - so I bought a second one.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16, 2009, 7:45 PM   #3

thanks for the input

i recently went back to the lowepro 100 due to its size as compared to the domke f3

the only problem i have with the sling shot 100, is when i have the 50-135 mounted, it a bit of a struggle getting it in and out, but i know the ss200 is too big. i like to be as compact as possible.

so it looks as though i am on the search once again :?

Dave

Pentax K20D / D-BG2
DA*16-50 : DA*50-135 : 360 FGZ
Domke F3X
dafiryde is offline   Reply With Quote