Steve's Digicams Forums

Steve's Digicams Forums (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/)
-   Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/pentax-samsung-dslr-k-mount-mirrorless-73/)
-   -   more winter repitition (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/pentax-samsung-dslr-k-mount-mirrorless/152370-more-winter-repitition.html)

nhmom Feb 21, 2009 1:24 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Well, guess winter's not over. Not that I expected it to be since it's only Feb. We won't see our front lawn again until April at this rate. Haven't seen it since after the ice storm in December. And, our driveway is still a sheet of 2" thick ice. Never gets warm long enough to melt or chip it away. I've managed to I think tear my tendons in my arms from trying. Was trying to hold my camera with the Tamron 70-300 lens on this morning and had to get the tripod out. I can't hold it steady.

Anyway, we had snowWed. night and thought that was it. But, night before last when I left my volunteer job I was faced with a ride home in a blinding snow. The Star Wars kind where it's coming at you. As I got closer to home I was in white out conditions and hesitant to pull out onto roads because I couldn't see either way. Made it home safely. These are photos of my trip to work the next day once I got out of the deeper, less cleared roads as I was driving while taking some of these. So, repitition of winter, snow and icicles which I've had about enough of. It's pretty, but it's the cold weather that goes along with these shots that's killing me.

Patty

nhmom Feb 21, 2009 1:24 PM

1 Attachment(s)

nhmom Feb 21, 2009 1:25 PM

1 Attachment(s)
#3 Once I got to work. The icicles are forming again. So much for our roof heating system installed last year.

nhmom Feb 21, 2009 1:26 PM

1 Attachment(s)
#4 The blue skies are deceiving. It was 19ยบ out at this point and didn't make it much warmer yesterday.

Goldwinger Feb 22, 2009 11:23 AM

Hey Patty,
Thank you for reminding why I moved to Florida!
It was in the low 70's yesterday with a gentile breeze ad nice blue skies. we went to a place called Bok Tower Gardens, I'll be posting pics latter.
stay warm,
:blah:
GW :bye:

Lyrics51 Feb 22, 2009 11:34 AM

Patty, thanks for the pix. I really do like the snow and those shots are fun to look at.

Glenn

nhmom Feb 22, 2009 4:05 PM

When we moved here just over 20 years ago, I never understood why people went south for the winter. As I get older, I understand now.

Thanks for the comments.

Patty

kazuya Feb 22, 2009 5:15 PM

it looks really cold, i was going to say you should enter the icicles in the feb compitition but GW beat you to it (theres more icicles in your pic though hehe)

im fed up with the cold now, im looking forward to the summer

Black Knight Feb 22, 2009 11:42 PM

Hi Patty

Great Shots!!

I Completely understand the last Comment you made!!! Kinda the way i am getting To feel!!
We have been very fortunate here in Ct. The temps have been in the Upper 30 to Mid 40 Range the last few weeks so all our Snow is gone. We have had a few inchs here and there, but it mainly turns to rain.

Hang in there Spring is just a few weeks away

Phil