Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Feb 22, 2009, 1:19 PM   #1

Hey Guys!

I posted here awhile back about my Pentax ist-DS and have another dilemma I wanted to see you guys could help me with. I took some modeling photos of my friend the other day but unfortunately it was kinda cloudy. Im using adobe lightroom to correct the lighting problem and on my Toshiba Satellite laptop they look fine. When I try to print them on my HP printer, they look more orange. I even took them to CVS and Walgreens to try to see the difference and they were even darker. I wanted to get your opinion and see if you have any suggestions in how I should correct this. Thanks!
Attached Images

maverick96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 22, 2009, 8:40 PM   #2

Is this any better?

Dawg
Attached Images

bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22, 2009, 9:10 PM   #3

Unfortunately not bigdawg. The photo looks washed out on my comp. I tried printing it and it looks like the light is too high. I started over and tried to bring down the red hue in the photos which seems to help. Still, I can look at it on my comp and then print and the difference is amazing. My friend wants these for potential magazine shots and I don't want them to have any issues with the printing. Should the photo be saved in the sRGB format or something different? I know sometimes the printers read in a specific way. Thanks!

Here's the new one with the red hue taken down.
Attached Images

maverick96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22, 2009, 9:48 PM   #4

MAV,
if you are editing with a laptop screen then good luck......
i know that unless it's a VERY expensive laptop it'll never give good results..
I've got an inexpensive laptop with a 17'' screen but I'd never use it for PPing a pic..
there's a whole lot of info you need to know before hitting the print button if you want to print what you see on your screen..
you need something to calibrate your screen to your printer and another for the printer to print on the paper you're using..
got to run as i'm at 13% on my laptop....

roy
robar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23, 2009, 3:01 AM   #5

Hi Maverick

There is nothng wrong with the first image you posted so it comes down to your printer settings. Other threads to seach that go through the process, but basically you need to have you editor dictate the colour scheme and not have the printer overwrite your settings. When sending to print, look thru all settings very very carefullyand somewhere there will be the appropiate box to tick or untick.

Good luck

bb2
beachboy2 is offline   Reply With Quote