Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Feb 22, 2009, 7:16 PM   #1

Daniel
Toronto
danielchtong is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 22, 2009, 7:57 PM   #2

Daniel, I much prefer the first model, and I think the first photo is absolutely wonderful. The subdued warm lighting creates a wonderful mood and the model's expression reinforces it.

While I don't much care for the second model's taste in hair and piercings, you have captured her very well. The stark modernity of the setting serves to highlight the mood she's trying to convey. I don't think the middle one of the three is as strong as the other two. In the others the facial focus is not as sharp. The sharpness in the middle one tends to bring focus to the artificiality.

Very nice set.

Paul
Trojansoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22, 2009, 8:19 PM   #3

These were all done with a local photo group

Daniel
Old Feb 22, 2009, 8:19 PM   #4

Trojansoc wrote:
Quote:
Daniel, I much prefer the first model, and I think the first photo is absolutely wonderful.* The subdued warm lighting creates a wonderful mood and the model's expression reinforces it.

While I don't much care for the second model's taste in hair and piercings, you have captured her very well.* The stark modernity of the setting serves to highlight the mood she's trying to convey.* I don't think the middle one of the three is as strong as the other two.* In the others the facial focus is not as sharp.* The sharpness in the middle one tends to bring focus to the artificiality.

Very nice set.

Paul
Paul

Thanks
You likely are the type who would prefer the non-studio setting. Well #3 happens to be more like a snap shots as it was done with little light at F2.4 (with F50mmF1.7 iso800). All the others are done under studio lights.
The first one is of low key shot at F19 - some setting that I never had use before - but what is important is that it works

Daniel