Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Feb 24, 2009, 11:49 PM   #1

I haven't been around on this board for a while because I've been busy with class. I am taking a photo class and yesterday I developed my first roll of film in class.

All of these pictures where taken with my Pentax K1000 and the Pentax ZX-L film camera. I took these pictures in Old Sacramento and downtown Sac.

I have a few more on my smugmug site and you can also view them in higher quality.
http://saelee.smugmug.com/Black%20&%20White

I only developed the image but have not printed them in the traditional way. These image are scanned from the negative with my scanner. We will print them next week.
superakuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 25, 2009, 2:28 PM   #2

What, no picture of the state legislators looking haggard from their enforced stay at the capital building to pass the budget (that's sort-of a California in-joke).

I really like the series. And it amazes me that you can get that quality of a scan from the negative -mine weren'tanywhere close to this(but then my scanner isn't the greatest). I finally gave up trying, and haven't shot film in a very long time anyway.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 5, 2009, 2:49 PM   #3

mtngal wrote:
Quote:
What, no picture of the state legislators looking haggard from their enforced stay at the capital building to pass the budget (that's sort-of a California in-joke).

I really like the series. And it amazes me that you can get that quality of a scan from the negative -mine weren'tanywhere close to this (but then my scanner isn't the greatest). I finally gave up trying, and haven't shot film in a very long time anyway.
Actually there was a crowed gathering near there but I cropped them out of my photo when I shot it. I couldn't stay because the parking meter was about to end and I didn't want a ticket.

The scanner that I used is a cheap Canon flatbed scanner forgot the model number but I bought it for about $100 a few years ago. I used it mostly for photo restoration but it seems like it does a good job on negatives as well.

Here is another shot at my favorite Mexican mom and pop restaurant.

superakuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 5, 2009, 10:27 PM   #4

LOL! Nachos, anyone? Don't suppose that was taken in the Silver Palace Eating Stand (picture 3)?
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote