Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Feb 28, 2009, 12:19 PM   #1

I just got my new K20D yesterday and had my first opportunity to test things out on some real shots today at the Buffalo Zoo. My in-laws wanted to take the kids so we all went. Still learning the K20D, some big difference between it and the *istDL so I've still got some tweaking to do to get things just right with the Sigma 24-135mm lens I'm using. Here are a few shots, some cropping done and PP with Lightroom. C&C welcome. I realize that some of the shots might seem a little soft, I've noticed that already with the Sigma lens when I use AF, I've tried adjusting it but I don't think I quite have it yet, as I said, I'm still tweaking and learning.

MadMikeSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 28, 2009, 1:15 PM   #2

Here's a couple more from, but came from my other sd card.

Old Feb 28, 2009, 8:28 PM   #3

MadMikeSS wrote:
Quote:

Mike

Good work and these should be posted for this month challenge

Daniel
danielchtong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28, 2009, 8:30 PM   #4

Very nice set of pictures. It looks like the camera focused behind the hyena, but the other pictures look pretty good reduced to this size. I know what you mean about getting used to the K20, it is different than the previous cameras, and I found the post processing to be different also. It doesn't look like you'll have much trouble adjusting to it though.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28, 2009, 9:12 PM   #5

Look great to me, Mike. I'm with you on all the features of the K20. I've had mine since Christmas and am just now learning there's a ton of stuff I didn't even know it does. And, I'm not finished reading.

The hyena almost looks like he's posing his head on the ball for you. It may be a little soft, but I think he's cute.

Patty
nhmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28, 2009, 9:32 PM   #6

nhmom wrote:
Quote:
The hyena almost looks like he's posing his head on the ball for you.* It may be a little soft, but I think he's cute.

Patty
Funny that you say that. When I was walking to the observation area he was standing on a rock and I figured I'd get a good shot of him there, but when I started to get the camera ready to take the shot he decided to jump off the rock and practically pose on the ball. So you are correct in that assumption.

Thanks everyone for the good words, I appreciate the kind comments. I setup the bf/ff calibration sheet this afternoon and I think I finally have this lens set to the proper AF. Hopefully that means some sharper photos coming up. Winter is a tough time for me to get out and take shots so it's usually my slowest time. The family and I tend to get out more in the summer so I expect to have more to show then. Although, the Maple Weekend is coming up near the end of March and I expect to get some shots of maple syrup production.
Old Mar 1, 2009, 7:00 AM   #7

Way to go Mike!
GW:bye:
Goldwinger is offline   Reply With Quote