Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Feb 28, 2009, 2:33 PM   #1

Maybe check your local CC .. got lucky myself.

Circuit City will be closing in three days. They used to sell the Pentax SLR and I found a brand new 40MM 2.8 limted DA lens they were selling for $135.

Looked like it had been found in back and put out with all the other stuff they were getting rid of.
Bowenp is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 28, 2009, 4:45 PM   #2

I've been checking there daily. Unfortunately, no Pentax Stuff.

I'll be back in there on Monday to see what's left. Hope to pick up a couple of battery backups for my computers.
EddyinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28, 2009, 8:41 PM   #3

I went down to visit someone in Huntington Beach today and checked out the Circuit City at the Fashion Island Mall. It looked like they had received stock from somewhere else - they had quite a few XM radios, a small stock of TVs, miscellaneous DVDs and accessories and almost no photo/camera stuff at all. Well done on the 40mm Limited.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28, 2009, 9:53 PM   #4

The Circuit Cities around here never had any Pentax DSLR Photo gear when they were open, so I expect they don't have any now.

Tom
ennacac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28, 2009, 11:42 PM   #5

Checked 3 Circuit Citys in the area...no Pentax equipment.
Illuminati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 1, 2009, 2:21 AM   #6

that's how i got my FA50/1.4.
Fry's had them at $95total and i got 3 from 2 stores. came home and listed them at pentaxforums for 175delivered and they were gone in less than an hour. paid for my gas and time and my new 50mm..
i'll give CC a call today.. thanks

roy
robar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 1, 2009, 11:25 AM   #7

Does anyone have any idea if there's still a CC open in the Atlanta area? I phoned every number I could find for the stores here, but they were all disconnected except for a couplethat had a fast busy signal.

JaniceO. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 1, 2009, 3:02 PM   #8

The Huntington Beach store had a sign on it saying last 8 days. The Santa Clarita store was still open, but we didn't go in yesterday (I needed printer ink, had spent a fair amount of time in the Huntington Beach store earlier in the day so we ran into the Staples that's located near CC). They had said they were planning on closing everything in March, so it looks like they will be all closed in early March.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 1, 2009, 6:11 PM   #9

Location: Hebron, Kentucky (northern Kentucky/Greater Cincinnati):KCVG

Popped into the local CC this afternoon. Not much left on the shelves and they appeared to be priced at phantom discounts! Turns out the 50%, 60%, 70% discounts are from original prices..some of which were much higher than what one can get ordinarily at Best Buy or other stores. When CC applied their liquidatioin discounts, the net savings was only in the order of 10%-20%. For e.g. they had a 4 GB SD card for $21.99 after their 70% discount. I purchased one for $19.99 a few weeks ago at BB...go figure!

You are fortunate to have gotten the DA 40mm for that price. Hope others have had better luck than I.
Wingman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2, 2009, 10:06 PM   #10

I understand now what a good deal i got. i went back to take one last look and they now have 6 count um 6 Samsung GX 20 with kit lens. the deal is they want $885 for um ! even cheaper on ebay.

Guess I must have gotten lucky.
Bowenp is offline   Reply With Quote