Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Mar 2, 2009, 10:53 AM   #1

Finally managed to contact Pentax about the extended warranty on my K20 purchased back in December.

There was no extended warranty card in my box purchased from Adorama through Amazon. It seems you need to fill out that card and send it in to Pentax with a copy of your proof of purchase to get the 3 year warranty.

Just thought I'd pass this piece of information on in case anyone else was as naive as I was about this process. I had thought by registering it online at the site I was all done, but that only registers it per the person on Live Chat, doesn't set you up for the warranty.

Now I'm just hoping they will honor this since it's taken me so long to get this taken care of. Just too much going on around my house to keep on top of things like this. My mom was diagnosed with metastatic cancer back in December and we've also been dealing with trying to get her to stop driving as her abilities have diminished. This is not going well. I hope no one else ever has to go through this. Treating your parent like an adult when they are acting like a child and have enough stress in their life already has been a challenge to us. Especially being across the country and having to deal with this all by phone. The cancer has spread and she's in astudy of a new trial drug we are hoping will help work.

Anyway, enough of my ramblings. Much more than anyone probably needed to know.

Patty
nhmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 2, 2009, 12:45 PM   #2

Location: Hebron, Kentucky (northern Kentucky/Greater Cincinnati):KCVG

I'm no doubt envious of everyone who is eligible for the extended 3 year warranty on their recent K20 purchases! As long as there is no stipulation for submitting the warranty card, you should be OK.

Sorry to hear about your Mom...hope you find the patience and strength to get through what must be difficult time for both you and your Mom.
Wingman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2, 2009, 1:16 PM   #3

Actually, you can register online for the extended warranty. There is a code on the extended warranty card, don't know if it's unique or not or whether it refers to the specific warranty type. But you just need to register it on the website. If you get an extended warranty card that will save you time.

The extended warranty card has no place on it where you can fill out information. When I completed the extended warranty online I was told to retain the card so that if I had to have work done I would send in a copy of the warranty card. I also received a confirmation of my registration and which shows the end date of the warranty. If this requires anything more, I would be surprised.
MadMikeSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2, 2009, 1:22 PM   #4

I did mine online also.

Tom
ennacac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2, 2009, 1:34 PM   #5

The code on the card is unique, and there is a deadline for registration. I had the same situation with my purchase from Cameta - I didn't find out about the warranty until the deadline was past. I emailed Pentax Customer Service and got a negative reply, since my purchase was made just before the program began, but within the same month. Someone up the line must have reviewed it, because I was contacted and offered a card, which they sent - I then registered it by telephone because the online registration form wouldn't have allowed registration beyond the deadline. Their later ads made the program retroactive to the beginning of the month. I think they are fairly flexible about it and you will probably get it, but be sure to chide them for the poor advertising that left you ignorant of the offer (I did that in my original contact).

When last I looked at their website, they were (still or again?) offering it along with their newly lowered prices.

Sorry to hear about your Mother's condition - it is never easy to deal with.
penolta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 8, 2009, 12:40 PM   #6

Thank you for the wishes for my mom. Everytime we think things are under control, something else happens. It's been a stressful week this time.

Anyway, I did get in touch with Pentax and received the 3 year warranty card this week. Due to the fact I wasn't registering within the 30 days of purchase, I opted to call instead. I called and am supposedly all set with the 3 year warranty.

Now to hope I never need it. Although, I may just send it in for the one covered cleaning just before the three years is up if I haven't needed it before.

Patty
nhmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 8, 2009, 1:50 PM   #7

oh patty:sad:

SO sorry to hear this.. i lost my best friend and wife in '90 after 17 months of fighting melanoma. you're CORRECT!!! no one should have to go through this. not the patient or the care giver.. she passed 2 days before her 37 birthday.. im can't see the screen right now but believe me i'm thinking about all of you..

roy
robar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 8, 2009, 9:39 PM   #8

Patty..I spent the last 6 months at the bedside of my mother as she slowly wasted away with lymphoma. I hope the new drug and treatment works. I truly do. Just know my prayers are with your mother and you going through this. As a 2 time cancer survivor myself, I know how it affects the family.

Dawg
bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote