Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Mar 3, 2009, 11:53 PM   #11

This one was shot using a Tamron 70-300mm LD AF lens.
Attached Images

bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3, 2009, 11:59 PM   #12

And this one was shot from about 35-40 feet distance using a Sigma 50-500mm APO DG EX f/4-6.3 lens at 500mm stacked with a Sigma APO 1.4X TC.
Attached Images

bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4, 2009, 3:07 AM   #13

jelpee wrote:
Quote:
Not sure what these negative reviews on imagesharpness that you refer to...but the Pentax DSLR forum is very active with lots of images shared. If you browse through some of the threads you can see for yourself the kind of images being shot with various Pentax models including the K10D. I use a K20D...I'm sure one of our K10D members will pipe in on their experiences.

Re. the price, just make sure that your source is reliable and that you are not getting a camera that is in some way faulty or defective even though it may be sold as brand new.If your seller offers a money back guarantee,you should be OK. In the mean time, have fun browsing through the threads on this forum!
Thanks for that.

The source is fine and a full UK model and warrantee. It works out at half the recommended price and 40% cheaper than any othe UK retailer, so should be a bargain.
joggerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4, 2009, 3:20 AM   #14

Thanks for all the comments and great photos.

I think I'm going for the K10.
Too good to miss at the price.
joggerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4, 2009, 7:09 AM   #15

I just want to comment on the front/back focus thing. I assume the K10D is the same as the K20D in this regard. This is a per lens issue and at least with the K20D you can adjust this per lens or globally within the settings. I had the problem with my K20D and my Sigma 24-135mm lens. I finally was able to adjust it out. I put the 18-55mm kit lens from my *istDL on the camera and it didn't require any adjustment. So don't be discourage by this problem.
MadMikeSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4, 2009, 9:51 AM   #16

The K10 does not have the ability to adjust the focus. I've read where people have hacked into the firmware and done their own adjustments, but its not a feature built into the camera, like it is on the K20 (advantage K20). But not all K10's had the problem - mine was mild enough, especially when I first got it, that I didn't realize I had a problem. It seemed that they fixed the problem later on - mine was in the first shipment of cameras released.

Good luck with the K10, you'll have a great time with it. Post some shots here, as you can see, we are a friendly bunch and LOVE looking at everyone's pictures.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4, 2009, 12:28 PM   #17

Ah, thanks for clueing me in on the K10D's inability to adjust AF. I jumped from *istDL to K20D so I haven't a lot of experience with the cameras along the line between the two. Huge difference between these two cameras.
MadMikeSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 5, 2009, 5:33 PM   #18

i'm still using the measly DS

i'll be upgrading to the k20 soon..

roy
robar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 5, 2009, 10:29 PM   #19

Nothing wrong with the DS - I still miss mine sometimes. But the K20 does a great job of making me forget it - you'll love it when you get it.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 6, 2009, 2:51 AM   #20

I've been using the K10D with the sigma 17-70 kit lens(!) almost a year and half and my impressions are very positive in terms of colour and sharpness, especially when I shoot in raw. But if you don't want to bother with raw conversion, you can get pretty good results right out of the box when you notch up the in the camera sharpness setting by 2 stopsandselect the bright image tone in the menu. I also had the Nikon D40x (with the same megapixel count as the K10D) for a month, but the Pentax outputs looked almost always more detailed and less colour biased (considering the 18-55 DX II nikkor and the sigma 17 70 about the same shapness) in their shared focal lenghts. Well, anotherexperience of minewith shapness issue(which may not sound very 'photographical' though:-)):I have a good eye sight (did parachuting for some time!),buteven at @ 35 mm, when zoomed inon the lcd display,I can readthe phone numbers at the bottom ofsignboardsin distance, I could not read with the naked eye! I also have a set of comparetive images sent by somefriend of mine -also a senior member of Steve's- shotwith tripod with the K10D and the K20D. Actually, for my type of photography (landscapes, people, architecture) I'm not consideringany camera body 'upgrade' unless they offer a new sensor technology with considerable dynamic range improvementtohelp me spend less timewithhdr processing. So, I canrecommend the K10D heartily especially if you findthe pricedecent.

Bahadır
bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote