Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Mar 3, 2009, 9:58 PM   #1

This Snowy Egret turned out kind of dark but, I kind of like it.

GW

And a Spoonbill grooving to the tunes on his headset...:G

Goldwinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 3, 2009, 10:27 PM   #2

Both are very nice! You can do quite a bit with your Snowy Egret - the one I posted was a bit more underexposed than yours, and I was surprised how much you can bring out in the bird, if you are careful with your processing. The shot is an excellent one, well worth playing with a bit.

Your spoonbill picture title is SO appropriate!
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3, 2009, 10:45 PM   #3

Because the Egret is dark, you have all the feather detail, work with it and you will be amazed how nice it can be. Nice shot of the Spoonbill, I never see those this far north except in a zoo.

Tom
ennacac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4, 2009, 1:02 AM   #4

Tom is right. With too bright an exposure the whites will lose the detail. Very nice all the way around GW.

Dawg
bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4, 2009, 6:59 AM   #5

Nice shots GW....I see the spoonbill has the music player on the left leg. I don't see no wires so them headphones must be bluetooth.

:-) Isn't technology great........Stevie
StevieRaveOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4, 2009, 8:49 PM   #6

StevieRaveOn wrote:
Quote:
Nice shots GW....I see the spoonbill has the music player on the left leg. I don't see no wires so them headphones must be bluetooth.

:-) Isn't technology great........Stevie
Thanks Stevie, you must be right, I don't see any wires either. :G

Harriet, Tom and Dawg,
you're right too, Ive been playing with it, just haven't had a chance to get it where I want it yet. This one looked better on my monitor before I posted it, I think my photo hosting site re-compresses the pix or something cause they never look as good as the original. :-?
GW:bye:
Old Mar 4, 2009, 10:31 PM   #7

I played around with both imageshack and photobucket, and found both of them fairly heavy-handed when it came to resizing and compressing. I ended up deciding that you get what you pay for, and have been much happier with zenfolio. It's not that expensive and it's really easy to use.
Old Mar 5, 2009, 3:00 PM   #8

mtngal wrote:
Quote:
I played around with both imageshack and photobucket, and found both of them fairly heavy-handed when it came to resizing and compressing. I ended up deciding that you get what you pay for, and have been much happier with zenfolio. It's not that expensive and it's really easy to use.
thank you Harriet, I'll look into that. I didn't know about it...
Old Mar 5, 2009, 11:24 PM   #9

It's a nice photo hosting site. They've been adding on features and now have different levels of service. Since I'm no pro, I have the simple service and unlimited storage. It's very easy to use, I've discovered there are plug-ins for Lightroom and Aperture that will automatically upload a photo to whatever album you want to put it in. If you are interested in my simple albums, you can see them at www.mtngal.zenfolio.com and get an idea of how the web hosting site works. There are a number of different album themes you can use, these are the ones I liked. One very nice thing is that it doesn't strip out the exif information from the file and it still offers a tab for viewing it all at the site, in case you don't want to mess with a separate exif reader, and I found it easier to use than pbase.
Old Mar 6, 2009, 9:27 AM   #10

mtngal wrote:
Quote:
It's a nice photo hosting site. They've been adding on features and now have different levels of service. Since I'm no pro, I have the simple service and unlimited storage. It's very easy to use, I've discovered there are plug-ins for Lightroom and Aperture that will automatically upload a photo to whatever album you want to put it in. If you are interested in my simple albums, you can see them at http://www.mtngal.zenfolio.com and get an idea of how the web hosting site works. There are a number of different album themes you can use, these are the ones I liked. One very nice thing is that it doesn't strip out the exif information from the file and it still offers a tab for viewing it all at the site, in case you don't want to mess with a separate exif reader, and I found it easier to use than pbase.
Thanks again Harriet,
that is so cool! For two bits a year you get unlimited space and that's pretty cheap as a secondary back up if nothing else, plus you get all the other features.