Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Mar 7, 2009, 7:32 PM   #1

We decided (as we tend to do most times) to make an impromptu trip over the border to Balls Falls which is just south of Vineland in the Niagara Peninsula. Been a few years since I was there last so I wanted to get there for a few shots. The weather on the other hand was not cooperating at all. As soon as we got to the observation area the rain picked up. I was able to snap a few shots but nothing special.

So after being washed out we decided to head to my parents house in Port Colborne after lunch and I figured I'd snap some shots of my father's HO trains. Forgive me for not knowing the actual train models here and the dust. My father has them on a shelf in his office.

MadMikeSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 7, 2009, 10:40 PM   #2

You should go back on a sunny day take the shot from the same spot, then use the water from this on in the new shot with all the great contrast you can't get in the sun.

The trains are very nice even with the dust.

Tom
ennacac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 8, 2009, 8:51 AM   #3

Had the same problem yesterday. About 11 had wanted to go out as the sun was shining, it was warm for the first time I was available in months and we had blue skys. But, by the time I left, it was cloudy. So, most of my shots were dreary or closeups of things.

Looks like a pretty waterfall and setting. You'll have to go back as Tom said.

And, no problem on the dust. I took a photo of the temp on the car dashboard the other day to send my sister in sunny California where they were wearing shorts and saw dust I never see when just driving the car :-)

Good shots of the trains.

Patty
nhmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 8, 2009, 9:00 AM   #4

Yeah, I'm definitely going to go back probably once the foliage has grown in and we have a nice day. It's not that far from where I live so it's not a problem to travel. It's more of a pain when you are carting three children (ages 5, 3, 1) with you. :-)
MadMikeSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 8, 2009, 10:05 AM   #5

Location: Hebron, Kentucky (northern Kentucky/Greater Cincinnati):KCVG

Love the images of the trains--them models look like they are of some antique value. I dabble a bit in HO trains myself and posted these in the past.

Wingman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 8, 2009, 11:06 AM   #6

Very nice shots, especially the trains. Be happy you have a lens that can show the dust, not all lenses are that sharp. I like them.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote