Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Mar 8, 2009, 8:03 PM   #1

I'm having a ball with my new lens and I'm getting better shots but, I'm still not very good at holding still @ 200mm. :roll:
GW:bye:

A couple of Snowy's

And a PIF

An OIF

Goldwinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 8, 2009, 8:21 PM   #2

Nice series of pictures, they all look sharp. Good job. It's always nice to have new toys to play with.:-)
MadMikeSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 8, 2009, 8:26 PM   #3

Thank you Mike,
My biggest problem is, once I get what I think I want... I discover I really need a bigger and better one!
:G
Old Mar 8, 2009, 9:27 PM   #4

Goldwinger wrote:
Quote:
Thank you Mike,
My biggest problem is, once I get what I think I want... I discover I really need a bigger and better one!
:G
I wonder??? Did Mr. Holmes feel that Way? LOL John not Sherlock or Oliver Wendell.

Great photos. I do envy the waterways and birds you have there.

Dawg
bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 8, 2009, 9:46 PM   #5

GW-

amazing photos love the 3rd one the best .It has been so gloomy here I cant remember the last full sunny day.All my practice is on family and the coffee table -either move enough to simulate BIF :lol:

Chris
biggyfry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 8, 2009, 11:29 PM   #6

Hi GW,

Very nice! I'm a sucker for Egrets and Herons, but the Pelican and Osprey are very nicely captured. I think here's one area where the shorter teles work better for birds -- I find it just too hard to get them and keep them in my viewfinder with anything over @250mm.

About the bigger and faster. . . I won't go where Dawg went. . .:-) -- but that's the nature of the tele strain of LBA -- you know it's really serious when all the lenses that you want are into 4 figures used and you have to include upgrading your tripod/head into the real bottom line -- and upgrading support would probably cover the cost of a brand new LTD prime. . .wide LBAers don't know how lucky they are. . .:roll:

Be careful, your injuries might make you more susceptible to further infection. . .:-) Of course, you realize that there's no known treatment. . .so you are doomed.:G

Scott
snostorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9, 2009, 2:19 PM   #7

Thank you guys,
Dawg, I'm not even going to touch that one!

Chris, cheer up man, spring is on its way and summers are much nicer up your way! :G

Scott, Thanks a lot, you're a big help! I also want a good wide lens too. You know, the money I just spent on lenses and the K10 for Linda was supposed to be spent for a new roof on the house... sure hope we have a quiet hurricane season. :roll:
GW
Old Mar 9, 2009, 11:45 PM   #8

Love the shots! The Snowy Egrets have such nice feather detail.

As far as the support goes - I'm looking to spend as much/more than I did to buy the K20. I'm having a tough time getting my brain around all that money for an accessory (and I'm still saving up for it). But I figure that getting a good tripod to begin with will save money in the long run - I won't have to upgrade all the time.

I know what you mean about wanting other lenses - that's just the nature of the beast. There's still a number of things I want to get, several lenses, a couple of programs, etc. It's a never-ending thing.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10, 2009, 1:42 AM   #9

mtngal wrote:
Quote:
It's a never-ending thing.
Shhhhh! There might be someone reading over my shoulder...aranoid:

Kjell

bilybianca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10, 2009, 3:15 PM   #10

It could be worse - we could all own horses. There's always something you need with them and they are lots more expensive. Things break more often, too.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote