Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Mar 10, 2009, 2:10 PM   #11

Thirteen wrote:
Quote:
Check this out.* I believe this battery works in the K10d/20d.* Do more research!

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...tery_7_4v.html
These first quality OEM batteries were bought surplus by B&H after Minolta was bought by Sony, which now has their own brand on them. It works safely in K-M, Minolta, and Sony cameras, and is fully interchangeable with Pentax batteries - only slightly less capacity - hardly enough to notice. I use them interchangeably in both brands of cameras and never know which is in which. At this price they are a heck of a bargain (just compare the current Sony price).

Off brand batteries bought from reputable dealers (B&H, Adorama, etc) should be safe and reliable, as are those sold by established specialty battery importers who offer a guarantee on the ones they sell. I'd be very leery of those on eBay from overseas with free shipping that cost hardly more than the postage they pay to ship them to you!
penolta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10, 2009, 3:13 PM   #12

Can you charge these KM batteries in the Pentax charger?
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10, 2009, 7:33 PM   #13

mtngal wrote:
Quote:
As far as the battery grip goes, one either loves it or hates it. I find it too big for my small hands - I either use a zoom or a manual focus lens most of the time, so I have to be able to support the camera and manipulate the ring at the same time. My hand is just a bit too small to do that, so it's not much use to me. It also adds just enough weight to make the camera difficult for me to control - I find the K20 by itself (withmy selection of heavy lenses)as heavy as I can reliably handle.
Thanks again for your opinions on this.. i dont have the options of small hands although my partners hands are teeny.. so worth considering.. im already struggling to get used to the size and how to hold / contort my hands to get to regularly used buttons... i may add it to the items to get in the future list.. but wont make it a priority. Good glass i think is more important as in 6 months whaling season (watching not hunting!) is upon us and i want to make the most of the camera!
Quote:
Check this out. I believe this battery works in the K10d/20d. Do more research!

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...tery_7_4v.html
Thanks thirteen.. much appreciated for the link... i just wish we has stores like that over here.. thats very cheap! they ship internationally... but the postage is 3x the cost of the items.. i have done the research tho and know that pentax chose a very very well used battery! there is a post on pentaxforums regarding the different types that can be used.. they can all be charged with the charger..

Quote:
These first quality OEM batteries were bought surplus by B&H after Minolta was bought by Sony, which now has their own brand on them. It works safely in K-M, Minolta, and Sony cameras, and is fully interchangeable with Pentax batteries - only slightly less capacity - hardly enough to notice. I use them interchangeably in both brands of cameras and never know which is in which. At this price they are a heck of a bargain (just compare the current Sony price).

Off brand batteries bought from reputable dealers (B&H, Adorama, etc) should be safe and reliable, as are those sold by established specialty battery importers who offer a guarantee on the ones they sell. I'd be very leery of those on eBay from overseas with free shipping that cost hardly more than the postage they pay to ship them to you!
Thanks penolta! i noticed some are very low on capacity.. some are equal and others exceed by a small amount.. 1800mah seems the highest at the moment.. but it makes me wonder just how the mah rating is measured. there are some reasonable looking batteries on ebay that are not expensive but neither are they bargain basement prices.. so may look at them. They are at least packaged in a nice blister pack with correctly written english on the pack, rather than the usual dodgy translation, so at least the company is making an effort! :-)

Thanks again for the info guys...

Steve
5teve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10, 2009, 7:43 PM   #14

Quote:
Can you charge these KM batteries in the Pentax charger?
Yes.
penolta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10, 2009, 9:36 PM   #15

I also have the KM battery for my K20. I bought two as backups for $9.99 each. Have charged them in the Pentax charger, no problem. And, used them in the camera. Have not noticed any difference between them and the Pentax that came with the camera.

I figured being a name brand they would be safe. I don't know anything about batteries, but my husband is an electrical engineer and said they'd be fine.

Patty
nhmom is offline   Reply With Quote