Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Mar 17, 2009, 10:32 PM   #11

Those are very nice sharp shots with or without the cropping.

Tom
ennacac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18, 2009, 8:16 AM   #12

Nice series. I particularly like the lighthouse shot, but you should know that already by my lighthouse adventure from last summer. They are all good and makes me want to get out to the park along the river for a walk or maybe just stop in at Swiston's for a beef on weck.
MadMikeSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18, 2009, 9:49 AM   #13

Jim,

Nice shots...It still looks cold there! The kayaker sure doesn't want to flip over.

My brother has one of those boathouses. His is just north of the entrance to the canal. He keeps wanting me to come up for CanalFest but it never seems to coincide with my vacation.

I was born in N.T. and lived there till I was 12. We used to ride the ice floes in the canal when I was a kid. We also used to make ice rinks on the canal. We'd push the snow away and my older brothers had a gasoline powered water pump to flood the rink at night. Next morning, perfect ice!

Dennis

Driver3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18, 2009, 10:02 AM   #14

It's starting to warm up a little as spring starts to push it's way in here. You were certainly an adventurous fellow riding the ice. They haven't taken the ice boom out of the water last I checked down at the Buffalo end of the river so still expecting to see more ice come floating down the river.
MadMikeSS is offline   Reply With Quote