Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Mar 21, 2009, 9:42 AM   #1

Due to work and dull weather I've had very few opportunities to try out my newest toy, the F*300 mm 4.5. But there are a few shots I've taken on the way to or from work, early morning light or late afternoon. Not too good light, but for the swan there was at least some setting sun.

This is a lens that will take some practice to get the most out of, but so far I'm pretty satisfied.

A roe on the run, slightly cropped. ISO 200, f4.5, 1/25 sec:

Attached Images

bilybianca is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 21, 2009, 9:45 AM   #2

A small heard of fallow deer, probably escapees from an enclosure. ISO200, f8, 1/200 sec:
Attached Images

Old Mar 21, 2009, 9:49 AM   #3

And a trumpeter swan, ISO 400, f4.5, 1/500 sec.

Thanks for looking,

Kjell
Attached Images

Old Mar 21, 2009, 11:18 AM   #4

Kjell, you will love the lens, it is sharp and extremely light, although your F* with the tripod mounnt is a bit heaver than my FA*.

The only issue I have with mine is, it doesn't produce as sharp an image on my K20D as it does on my K10D, even after the focus adjustment, but YMMV.

Congratulations on your new toy!!!

Tom
ennacac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21, 2009, 12:07 PM   #5

Kjell

I thought you had *200mm & *600mm. This one is a very capable one in the middle of the FL

Daniel
danielchtong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21, 2009, 5:50 PM   #6

Hi Kjell,

Very nice!! and congrats on the F*300. If you tell us that you got it for next to nothing after buying a package deal and selling off the duplicates, I think I'd have to shoot myself. . .:-).

Not that it was a concern, but it's gotta look good next to the A* 600/5.6 -- now all you need is one of those white Km bodies. . .:?

I think that you're going to like this lens. I can't remember the last time that I packed a bag without my FA* 300/4.5.

Scott
snostorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21, 2009, 8:49 PM   #7

Well Kjell... if you have too muck trouble getting the hang of that thing, you can always send it to me and let me see if it's the lens or the photographer.
GW:bye:
Goldwinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21, 2009, 11:06 PM   #8

GW beat me to it - if you find that the lens doesn't work well for you, I'd be willing to take it off your hands (even though I already have the A*300). I think it would be nice to have the tripod mount. The pictures all look really good to me. The trumpeter swan is awesome!
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22, 2009, 5:23 AM   #9

Thanks for the comments, everyone.

I do have the A*600 and the A*200, but when I was offered this one there was no option to say no. Scott, I didn't get this one in a package deal, and I had to haul out some dough. To be precise, USD312/EUR243. What would you have done?

I'm pretty sure it has found it's final home, if I don't adopt BigDawg and make him my heir.

And yes, besides allowing good shots, it does look pretty nice itself together with the A*600 mm.

Kjell
Attached Images

Old Mar 22, 2009, 5:54 AM   #10

bilybianca wrote:
Quote:
Thanks for the comments, everyone.

I do have the A*600 and the A*200, but when I was offered this one there was no option to say no. Scott, I didn't get this one in a package deal, and I had to haul out some dough. To be precise, USD312/EUR243. What would you have done?

I'm pretty sure it has found it's final home, if I don't adopt BigDawg and make him my heir.

And yes, besides allowing good shots, it does look pretty nice itself together with the A*600 mm.
Hi Kjell,

At that price, I'd ask if he had two or three, and in what denominations he wanted the cash . . .:-)
. . . and I thought I did really good at about twice that for my FA*300/4.5 four years ago . . .

Just shows that the great deals are still out there, one just has to be patient.

Scott
snostorm is offline   Reply With Quote