Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Mar 24, 2009, 3:53 PM   #1

My buddy's 6 year old daughter has the most beautiful eyes... besides being a pretty little thing.:-)

Her little playmate is going to be a real lady killer too! :G
He looks so pleased with himself...

Actually... she looks pretty pleased with herself too. :-)

GW:bye:
Goldwinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 24, 2009, 4:30 PM   #2

The eyes have it! The last two are really cute, but the first is a stunner. I really like the way you've composed the shot so the viewer can't escape the power of the eyes.

Paul
Trojansoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24, 2009, 6:43 PM   #3

Trojansoc wrote:
Quote:
The eyes have it! The last two are really cute, but the first is a stunner. I really like the way you've composed the shot so the viewer can't escape the power of the eyes.

Paul
Thank you Paul,
I appreciate the the compliment. We were at a family B-day party and were sitting under the covered patio, on that shot my wife was sitting in a lawn chair next to me and asked Angelica to stand still a moment so she could get a picture. well while she was getting hers, I decided to take one too. I didn't really expect much because I had the Sig 70-200mm on my camera and I was no more than 3 ft. from her, I figured the pop up flash would leave a shadow but, I was pleasantly surprised with the results.

Old Mar 24, 2009, 7:09 PM   #4

Awesome photo of a sweet face GW.

Dawg
bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24, 2009, 10:06 PM   #5

Great shot considering the conditions (so close with the 70-200). She's going to be a beauty. And, I agree on her companion. They'll both be followed around in years.

Patty
nhmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25, 2009, 1:37 PM   #6

Thank you Dawg & Patty.
Your right Patty, I don't know if being good looking is a blessing or not. I guess it depends on how they're treated growing up. :-? It will be interesting to see in a few years how these kids turn out.
Old Mar 25, 2009, 7:17 PM   #7

I don't claim to be an expert about children's development, but am a fairly astute observer, and my wife and I raised eight children, four being ours and four being a deceased brother's children. Six girls.Two boys. My impressions from the undertaking are that at about14 or 15 girls start making their own decisions which will ultimately be the formative process whereby they mature. You have until then to be a weighty influence on them. Usually, that is enough to render a nice human being. But great care must be taken to watch over them until they are in their early twenties, for outside influences will have more affect on them after the early teens. Most particularly care must be exercised to see that they have wholesome acquaintances, and that is terribly difficult to do. Boys seem to lag a year or two behind the girls in becoming mature. I believe that mothers will have the most overall influence on the final product. But I believe the presence of a father, sometimes a hard-nosed one (at times), is imperative. Boys seem to follow their father's footsteps. By that I mean in their hobby's, their politics, their life's interests, etc. Girls not so much like their mothers until they have themselves borne children and raised them, then daughter like mother. I see that in my daughters, and I see that in my wife. The main thing, I think, is for both parents to know they are going to be role models, and, if they want good kids, the parents must be good people first.

I have the most beautiful daughters, and I have the most beautiful granddaughters. But, of course, so does everybody who has any at all. That's just the way things are. When I finally figure out how to resize photos I will post some of that beauty around me.

Old Engineer

Old Engineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26, 2009, 1:19 PM   #8

Old Engineer wrote:
Quote:
I don't claim to be an expert about children's development, but am a fairly astute observer, and my wife and I raised eight children, four being ours and four being a deceased brother's children. Six girls.Two boys. My impressions from the undertaking are that at about14 or 15 girls start making their own decisions which will ultimately be the formative process whereby they mature. You have until then to be a weighty influence on them. Usually, that is enough to render a nice human being. But great care must be taken to watch over them until they are in their early twenties, for outside influences will have more affect on them after the early teens. Most particularly care must be exercised to see that they have wholesome acquaintances, and that is terribly difficult to do. Boys seem to lag a year or two behind the girls in becoming mature. I believe that mothers will have the most overall influence on the final product. But I believe the presence of a father, sometimes a hard-nosed one (at times), is imperative. Boys seem to follow their father's footsteps. By that I mean in their hobby's, their politics, their life's interests, etc. Girls not so much like their mothers until they have themselves borne children and raised them, then daughter like mother. I see that in my daughters, and I see that in my wife. The main thing, I think, is for both parents to know they are going to be role models, and, if they want good kids, the parents must be good people first.

I have the most beautiful daughters, and I have the most beautiful granddaughters. But, of course, so does everybody who has any at all. That's just the way things are. When I finally figure out how to resize photos I will post some of that beauty around me.

Old Engineer

Very wise words my friend, and very true indeed.
I'll be looking for those pictures... resizing is easy What editing software do you use?

Old Mar 26, 2009, 4:25 PM   #9

GW, they don't get any prettier than that! Interesting comments from Old Engineer and he's absolutely right. What kids learn from us is caught and not taught. I've been working with kids for 35 years and no matter how good their mentors outside the family, its Mom and Dad who have the most influence on them.

Glenn
Lyrics51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26, 2009, 8:32 PM   #10

Very true, OE. I was the oldest of eight children and have raised three of my own. Two stepsons (off and on over the years - whenever their mom would let them go) and my own son. My mom worked much of my older childhood so I became "mom" to my younger siblings. The younger years are very formative years and lay the groundwork for how they will react in the teen years.

Patty

p.s. So sorry to hear of the loss of your brother. I commend you for taking on his four children along with your own to raise. He's watching over you from heaven!

p.p.s. - If you use Windows XP there is a wonderful download on the Windows page for easily resizing photos by right clicking on them in Windows Explorer and picking the size image you want. You lose EXIF data, but it sure is quick and dirty.

nhmom is offline   Reply With Quote