Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Mar 28, 2009, 6:58 PM   #11

House stuff can wait, learning a new camera is much more time-immediate. Have you discovered that you can leave the camera in "P" mode, then essentially change to Av or Tv mode just by turning the front (for shutter speed) or back (for aperture) wheels? It's a temporary change until you turn the camera off or push the green button, but really handy when you are out shooting and don't like the settings that the camera sets.

P.S. Forgot to mention how much I enjoyed your two daylight Camelback Mountain shots. Phoenix area sure looks green right now, a wonderful time to be there.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 29, 2009, 8:06 AM   #12

Quote:
House stuff can wait....
You have to tell that to "chancellor of the exchequer". There is still a mountain of laundry to fold from yesterday that I have not caught up with.

Yes - I have found the P mode, the green button along with the HDR. I have the wheels down - I made myself a table and now I have them down pat. I found that the K20's PEF format has an incompatibility with Elements 6 (which I find has a resizing capability for web posting that I find very useful). I just may switch over to the other format, DNG - still have not decided. Also, found and changed the image labeling tag.

Yes, Phoenix is somewhat green now - however your invited over in July! We would not want you to miss the 123 - but its a dry heat. The 100 degree days should start some time next month and last through October.
interested_observer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 29, 2009, 8:16 AM   #13

interested_observer wrote:
Quote:
Yes - I have found the P mode, the green button along with the HDR. I have the wheels down - I made myself a table and now I have them down pat. I found that the K20's PEF format has an incompatibility with Elements 6 (which I find has a resizing capability for web posting that I find very useful). I just may switch over to the other format, DNG - still have not decided. Also, found and changed the image labeling tag.
IO - check out the Adobe page for a download for PSE6. Might fix your problem. All work fine with me in PSE7 and it's the same engine.

Also, if you have XP, you can download a photo resizer from the Windows page that's a quick resizer. You just find the image in Windows Explorer, right click on it and select what size image you want.

Sounds like you're learning quicker than I am. I'm still trying to find things in the manual.:-)

Patty
nhmom is offline   Reply With Quote