Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Mar 28, 2009, 10:37 AM   #1

I have some traveling to do over the next couple of month (daughter's wedding in the US Virgin Islands, East Coast business, etc.) and I have been really struggling with finding something to fit my gear that is protective and meets the carry on limits for Delta Airlines. I narrowed my choice down to either a Pelican 1500 or Hardigg/Storm iM2500.

I chose the Hardigg/Storm for a couple of reasons—Adorama had free shipping on it and it was in-stock there in the gray color. The Pelican was only in-stock at a couple of places in black. Since I will be in a very warm climate for the wedding, I didn't want a black case to absorb heat, so a light color was one of my requirements.

The case arrived Thursday, and I'm very pleased. The outside dimensions are approximately 21.8" X 14" X 9." It has wheels and a nice retracting handle. I chose the "divider" option as opposed to pick and pluck foam.

The pics below show the exterior front and rear of the case and also an interior photo. I have in the case my K10, K100, two underwater cams a bunch of lenses, straps, batteries, etc. When I get back from the Virgin Islands, I will try to give a mini-review of how the case performed on the airplane, airport and on the trip

Rickst is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 28, 2009, 11:22 AM   #2

Rick, looks like a great case, but keep it close (carry on) since a case like that is only missing a sticker that says STEAL ME!

Enjoy the trip and I will be looking forward to seeing some wonderful photos when you get back.

Tom
ennacac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28, 2009, 11:43 AM   #3

The case will always be with me on the trip. Actually, I think this case is less prone to theft than the photo backpacks that have "Lowepro or Tamrac" all over them.

Luckily, I will not be staying in hotels on the trip, so there will be less chance of it being seen and taken while I am on the islands. I will also be taking my Slingshot 200AW for day trips.
Rickst is offline   Reply With Quote