Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Mar 28, 2009, 11:48 PM   #11

mtngal wrote:
Quote:

However, it is too low to drive over bicycles at 65 mph (takes out the oil pan among other things). And it is NO match for a bear - hitting one at 55 mph will not kill the bear (at least highway patrol didn't see it beside the road) but the insurance company almost totaled it (but ended up replacing the front end).
Hi Harriet,

Thanks for the heads up! Bears and bikes are high priority targets for Chicagoans, so I guess that I can eliminate this model for future consideration. . . Just kidding.:-)

Hi Dawg,

Congrats on the new car! I'm hoping that I can get another couple of years out of mine. . . it's only 11 years young right now. . .

Scott
snostorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 29, 2009, 1:59 AM   #12

Congrats, Dawg. Fine looking little car. Hope it rode well through the round of storms Saturday afternoon. I was on way back from Nashville area in a U-Haul with auto trailer when they hit. (Son was casualty of large permanent layoff from Bridgestone, so I had to help him move back to Arkansas.) Got in the truck at 70 degrees in Antioch....got out in the low 40's in Arkansas.

Paul
Trojansoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 29, 2009, 12:58 PM   #13

jelpee wrote:
Quote:
Dawg, I'd love to say that I'm with you on the Fit...but I work for the other big name that starts with a T and may get fired for saying something nice about it:-)

Nice images though...you sure you did not just scan them from the brochure
Thanks but no scans here! Actually the company I work for has a joint venture with two Japanese companies to manufacture OEM gaskets for both Honda and Toyota. They cannot make them in the same building though.

Dawg
bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 29, 2009, 1:00 PM   #14

Thanks Scott. My truck was 13 years old and had over 216,000 miles on it when I let it go. I always keep one till the wheels start to fall off.

Dawg
Old Mar 29, 2009, 1:03 PM   #15

Trojansoc wrote:
Quote:
Congrats, Dawg. Fine looking little car. Hope it rode well through the round of storms Saturday afternoon. I was on way back from Nashville area in a U-Haul with auto trailer when they hit. (Son was casualty of large permanent layoff from Bridgestone, so I had to help him move back to Arkansas.) Got in the truck at 70 degrees in Antioch....got out in the low 40's in Arkansas.

Paul
Paul, I'm sorry to hear of your Son's misfortune. Weather this time of year is problematic at best. Glad you all got there safe.

Dawg
Old Mar 29, 2009, 1:25 PM   #16

Well, you may be out of your Element now, but let's hope it is a better Fit for you! (How do they pick these names, anyway?) :G
penolta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 29, 2009, 3:16 PM   #17

Hey BD,
you got two of em didn't you? one for each foot.

What are you doing... trying to assimilate, I mean stimulate the economy? :G
seriously though, I can understand going for a millage saver but, you're gonna miss that pick em up. I got rid of my F250 Super duty about 4 years ago and many times I wish I had it, just couldn't afford or justify it anymore.
really nice photo spread!
GW:bye:
Goldwinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 29, 2009, 4:55 PM   #18

penolta wrote:
Quote:
Well, you may be out of your Element now, but let's hope it is a better Fit for you! (How do they pick these names, anyway?) :G
Thanks Pen. So far it is a good fit too!

Dawg
Old Mar 29, 2009, 4:58 PM   #19

Goldwinger wrote:
Quote:
Hey BD,
you got two of em didn't you? one for each foot.

What are you doing... trying to assimilate, I mean stimulate the economy? :G
seriously though, I can understand going for a millage saver but, you're gonna miss that pick em up. I got rid of my F250 Super duty about 4 years ago and many times I wish I had it, just couldn't afford or justify it anymore.
really nice photo spread!
GW:bye:
Just one GW. Actually a lot of room inside. I miss Big Dawg already man.

DAWG