Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Mar 28, 2009, 6:10 PM   #1

Well we got one anyway. Had to finally say good bye to the real Big Dawg, my Dodge Diesel Pickup Truck. Here is what I got.

bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 28, 2009, 6:31 PM   #2

bigdawg wrote:
Quote:
Well we got one anyway. Had to finally say good bye to the real Big Dawg, my Dodge Diesel Pickup Truck. Here is what I got.
Gee what a change in size of your vehicle. I believe you are in some suberb with some bumpy roadd. Fit is very good for city short distance drive though

Daniel
danielchtong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28, 2009, 6:47 PM   #3

Hey, way a minute - you bought that car I wanted! We got a Fit 3 years ago, when they first came out, and I really wanted that color. However, there were none to be had so we ended up with a silver one. Today I mentioned to my sister how much I liked that color and she said "uck!" I'm glad to see that someone else likes it, too.

And just wait until you start packing things into that pint sized little box on wheels - it's amazing what you can carry in it. It works well as a long distance commuter car - we get 36 mpg average on our mostly highway daily drive. And it's been reliable mechanically, ours has over 136,000 miles on the odometer.

However, it is too low to drive over bicycles at 65 mph (takes out the oil pan among other things). And it is NO match for a bear - hitting one at 55 mph will not kill the bear (at least highway patrol didn't see it beside the road) but the insurance company almost totaled it (but ended up replacing the front end).

Have fun now that you've gotten Fit!
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28, 2009, 8:06 PM   #4

Nice new ride dawg. I hope it is not subjected to as many, um, challenges as Mtngal's! The Honda Fit is a very popular car in northern New England as well.
mtnman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28, 2009, 8:41 PM   #5

Congrats, Dawg. Don't you just love a new car. I did like the mileage it got when I was looking a year ago. But, really wanted something higher off the ground. From reading Harriet's post I wonder if I would have made it in the snow this winter with it. Although, as mtnman said, there are quite a few around up here.

Well, hopefully you have better luck with yours than it sounds Harriet's had in her commutes. Enjoy it. I think you'll be seeing lots of extra cash in the fuel department that might be spent other ways (LBA....) Hmmmm.

Patty
nhmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28, 2009, 9:26 PM   #6

danielchtong wrote:
Quote:
bigdawg wrote:
Quote:
Gee what a change in size of your vehicle. I believe you are in some suberb with some bumpy roadd. Fit is very good for city short distance drive though

Daniel
But Daniel, Alabama roads have no bumps!! LOL

Dawg
Old Mar 28, 2009, 9:31 PM   #7

mtngal wrote:
Quote:
Hey, way a minute - you bought that car I wanted! We got a Fit 3 years ago, when they first came out, and I really wanted that color. However, there were none to be had so we ended up with a silver one. Today I mentioned to my sister how much I liked that color and she said "uck!" I'm glad to see that someone else likes it, too.

And just wait until you start packing things into that pint sized little box on wheels - it's amazing what you can carry in it. It works well as a long distance commuter car - we get 36 mpg average on our mostly highway daily drive. And it's been reliable mechanically, ours has over 136,000 miles on the odometer.

However, it is too low to drive over bicycles at 65 mph (takes out the oil pan among other things). And it is NO match for a bear - hitting one at 55 mph will not kill the bear (at least highway patrol didn't see it beside the road) but the insurance company almost totaled it (but ended up replacing the front end).

Have fun now that you've gotten Fit!
HA HA HA! We wanted an Element in Citrus orange. They didn't have one but this little beauty was in the show room and both of us were drawn to it. Not as big as the Element but better on fuel. Main thing around here are deer. One of them would total this little bug. They like to jump just as you hit them...makes for a mess at windshield level. Could take a head off.

Dawg
Old Mar 28, 2009, 9:33 PM   #8

mtnman wrote:
Quote:
Nice new ride dawg. I hope it is not subjected to as many, um, challenges as Mtngal's! The Honda Fit is a very popular car in northern New England as well.
Thanks...They are getting popular here as well.

Dawg
Old Mar 28, 2009, 9:34 PM   #9

Sounds like a Jeep Patriot would fit your needs better Patty!

Dawg
Old Mar 28, 2009, 9:44 PM   #10

Location: Hebron, Kentucky (northern Kentucky/Greater Cincinnati):KCVG

Dawg, I'd love to say that I'm with you on the Fit...but I work for the other big name that starts with a T and may get fired for saying something nice about it:-)

Nice images though...you sure you did not just scan them from the brochure
Wingman is offline   Reply With Quote