Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Apr 20, 2009, 11:48 AM   #21

Thanks again to everyone for their kind words.

I read them to Madelyn while she waited to get her hair cut.

Here are some pictures from yesterday that I took.

It is at Young Headz in St. Catharines. The salon that was holding the event for Wigs for Kids. On that day, any child that was having their hair cut off to donate to Wigs for Kids would not only get their haircut for free, but also got their nails done, ice cream and other treats!

On hand was Carlo Turvani, who started up the first Canadian Chapter of Wigs for Kids back in 1997. He has his own salon (actually more than a salon) called Transitions Studio.

--

Madelyn is sitting and waiting at Young Headz in St. Catharines to get her hair cut by Carlo Turvani of Transitions Studio. Carlo started up the first Canadian Chapter of Wigs for Kids back in 1997.

--

Madelyn's New Do!

--

Also on hand were two young ladies that are recipients of the Wigs for Kids program. Here Madelyn gets a hug from one of these young ladies for her gift.

--

Just as we were leaving, I snapped this last shot of the two lovely young ladies that are recipients of the Wigs for Kids program, Madelyn and Carlo.

Take care, yours truly,
Glen

tacticdesigns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20, 2009, 5:42 PM   #22

So many self-centered kids these days, it is a pleasure to see one so selfless. Very mature for her age. Hers will grow back - older guys like me don't have enough left to donate! Give her my congratulations.
penolta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20, 2009, 8:16 PM   #23

Glen,

You have made all of us a little better by sharing the story of this simple act of kindness by a very special little girl. Thank you for completing the story with the second set of photos. I take my hat also off to the salons and stylists that contributed to making the day special for the girls donating. This is a day that will stay in Madelyn's heart the rest of her life.

Paul
Trojansoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20, 2009, 8:58 PM   #24

I ditto Paul's words. Thanks for keeping us up to date on her project. You can tell her I think she looks very cute with her new haircut, btw. And, a hug for giving up her long locks.

Patty
nhmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21, 2009, 12:45 AM   #25

Fully agree with the above said!

Kjell
bilybianca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 22, 2009, 10:04 AM   #26

thats a very nice story, you must be so proud.

btw i think the short hair really suits her
kazuya is offline   Reply With Quote