Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Apr 6, 2009, 1:45 PM   #1

This is a picture of my dog patch, you can just see his head to the right of centre, after this pic i stopped taking pictures bcause he's never swam that far before andi was getting worried.hehad taken a dislike to one goose and decided to chase it accross the lake, he swam almost to that island in a zig zag pattern and halfway back before he started bobbing below the surface, still chasing the same goose which was turning back towards the island with him following still.at this point i really thought he wasnt going to make it soi took of my boots and coat and dived in and managed to get to him in time, once i got hold of his collar he literaly gave up and i had to hold his head above the water while i swam back,it may not look it, but that water was freezing. i seriously think he would have drowned rarther than give up the chase
he's none the worse for wearbut will be staying on the leash around water from now on.

kazuya is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 6, 2009, 3:23 PM   #2

Is he a terrier? It seems like they never give up on anything. Glad to hear he's OK, but a leash does sound like a good idea. As an aside, yesterday I watched "Marley and Me". Even though I had already read the book, the movie still touched me (definitely tear-jerker). Anyone who's owned and loved a dog, unruly or not, would understand.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6, 2009, 4:51 PM   #3

yes hes a border terrier, to be fair its his only fault, i think its the hunting instinct just takes over, he goes deaf and its hard to snap out of it.

i watched marley and me last week, if anyones not seen it yet, they should! its a great film.
kazuya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6, 2009, 8:04 PM   #4

A word of caution, I have seen quite a few hunting dogs beat up pretty badly by wounded Canada Geese and one almost drowned by a Goose he was trying to retrieve.

Glad your story worked out for the best even though you came out the worse for wear.

Tom
ennacac is offline   Reply With Quote