Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Apr 7, 2009, 9:02 PM   #1

I don't remember sharing this trip to visit Bok Tower in Lake Wales.

They have someone that plays the Carillon several times a day, it's very pretty to listen to.
If I recall, its 240ft tall.

#2 pretty Gardens

#7 Pretty birds

#8 friendly squirrels

and friendly squirrels.
GW:bye:
Goldwinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 7, 2009, 10:10 PM   #2

I see your squirrels are as forward as some of ours. It's probably not a good idea to encourage children to feed them, though - they can become downright pests about human food when fed by hand a lot. One of my co-workers used to feed some around our office, and one got very aggressive. It would get up on the door handle, or hang out in front of the door, running up to everyone who came in. Definitely not a good situation.

But it does make for some good pictures, and I really like the gardens.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 8, 2009, 9:10 AM   #3

Location: Hebron, Kentucky (northern Kentucky/Greater Cincinnati):KCVG

I really like the perspective on the tower (#1). Also appears to be good dynamic range in the ones of the garden(#2). Lighting seems a bit harsh for my liking on #'s 3, 4, & 5, but good detail. It looks like you used a flash...if so, perhaps a difuser on the flash would havedistributed the light more evenly.

Sounds like a great place for photograhs...I keep forgetting that you are in Florida where it is tropical flora all year round!
Wingman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 8, 2009, 1:04 PM   #4

mtngal wrote:
Quote:
I see your squirrels are as forward as some of ours. It's probably not a good idea to encourage children to feed them, though - they can become downright pests about human food when fed by hand a lot. One of my co-workers used to feed some around our office, and one got very aggressive. It would get up on the door handle, or hang out in front of the door, running up to everyone who came in. Definitely not a good situation.

But it does make for some good pictures, and I really like the gardens.

You're right Harriet, they do get a bit aggressive sometimes but, unfortunately everybody here feeds them and they even sell peanuts by the bag full for the purpose of feeding them. so, all I do is take pictures of other folks feeding them and and the squirrels begging, not to mention one of them that managed to dump the cart over that Linda was using to hall gear around in.
:G
Old Apr 8, 2009, 1:19 PM   #5

jelpee wrote:
Quote:
I really like the perspective on the tower (#1). Also appears to be good dynamic range in the ones of the garden(#2). Lighting seems a bit harsh for my liking on #'s 3, 4, & 5, but good detail. It looks like you used a flash...if so, perhaps a difuser on the flash would havedistributed the light more evenly.

Sounds like a great place for photograhs...I keep forgetting that you are in Florida where it is tropical flora all year round!
Thanks for the input jelpee,

Yeah, I'm still getting use to the f:2.8 lens, lets in a lot more light than you want some times! :G and on these bright sunny days, I can't tell a thing regarding exposure on the LCD.:angry:
only pix 4,5,7,8,10 were flash. funny thing... I noticed my EXIF says a couple pix were taken with a 28mm f:2.4 lens.... hmmm, my 28-80mm is f:3.5.
:-?
oh yeah, these were taken Feb 21, at a very pleasant 73*.:blah:
Old Apr 8, 2009, 5:46 PM   #6

Thank you GW for posting these lovely pics. Our crocuses haven't even bloomed yet (but they're close). March and April are a pretty grim time of year up here -- muddy roads, brown grass, dirty snow, etc. In just a few more weeks spring will be in its full glory, but until then, your pictures will remind me of what will soon be here.
mtnman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 8, 2009, 7:12 PM   #7

mtnman wrote:
Quote:
snip" March and April are a pretty grim time of year up here -- muddy roads, brown grass, dirty snow, etc.
True, but what glorious springs you do have up there!
Old Apr 8, 2009, 8:16 PM   #8

Very pretty. Making me wish spring would hurry and get here. Like mtnman, the crocuses are starting to pop their heads here in NH. I did see a few open at the zoo on Sunday in south Boston.

Patty
nhmom is offline   Reply With Quote