Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Apr 8, 2009, 12:27 AM   #1

Went to the Zoo today, even though it was fairly cold and most of the animals were not outside yet.

All taken with my K20D and FA* 300mm lens.

ISO 400

It was a bit dark inside and I had to use ISO 1600 just to get 1/125sec. Didn't have a shorter lens and this was as good as it got since I couldn't gt back far enough for a better shot.

This seal was just taking a break and swimming around in circles.

ISO 200

Speaking of taking a break this female Lion was just taking in the sun even though it was only about 40F today.

ISO 400

Tom
ennacac is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 8, 2009, 9:23 PM   #2

Very nice and sharp. I'm embarrassed to post my Sunday zoo shots now. Did you have wire cages to deal with? Or, were they in they in the open? That was one of my biggest obstacles the other day. That and the glass enclosures.

Patty
nhmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 8, 2009, 10:01 PM   #3

They were all in the open, but in deep pits so you had to shoot down on them and the antelope was behind some kind of thin ribbons so you could only see the amount in the photo between them.

nhmom, your zoo shots are very nice and I love the color. There is little you can do about fences unless the openings are large enough to put you lens through.

Tom
ennacac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 9, 2009, 7:56 AM   #4

Ah, now I don't feel so bad since you had clear shots. Yes, we had a problem with the bongos similar to your antelope. They were either in the open way across the yard, or close in between the trees. So, I've got some partial shots like yours.

Nope these fences weren't large enough for the lens to go through. And, actually, there were barriers to keep you away from the fence, too. So, shooting through the wire was the only way to go.

Patty
nhmom is offline   Reply With Quote