Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Apr 14, 2009, 9:17 PM   #1

I downloaded the ver 1.03 firmware update for the K20 and noticed that I must have already downloaded ver 1.01 a while ago. Although, I never installed it.

Since there was no place on the web page that I saw to download ver 1.01 again, I'm assuming that my installing ver 1.03 will encompass the changes in ver 1.01. I did check my camera and it is ver 1.00.

Just thought I'd double check before doing this.

Thanks, Patty
nhmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 15, 2009, 6:40 AM   #2

Never mind.:-)
Old Apr 15, 2009, 12:03 PM   #3

It's a good question - for anyone else wondering the same thing - no, you don't have to download/install them in order, just install the latest version and it will include the earlier update also.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 15, 2009, 6:09 PM   #4

Hmmm...
you know something Patty, you just made me realize that it was right after I updated my firmware, that my camera started giving me problems with getting a good sharp image! I wonder if I might have gotten a glitch somewhere in the process?
:-?
Anybody else having problems, or am I the only lucky one? :G
GW:bye:
Goldwinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 15, 2009, 8:44 PM   #5

I haven't had any trouble - both the water drops and surfing pictures were taken after I installed it. I haven't taken any pictures since Sunday, but it worked well this weekend.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 16, 2009, 12:26 PM   #6

GW, before the download, had you made any in camera focus adjustments for the lens(es) that are giving you trouble? If so, you might have to readjust them (just a wild guess, because a poster on another forum had an unsharp lens become sharper after the download, but he gave no other details).
penolta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 16, 2009, 3:38 PM   #7

penolta wrote:
Quote:
GW, before the download, had you made any in camera focus adjustments for the lens(es) that are giving you trouble? If so, you might have to readjust them (just a wild guess, because a poster on another forum had an unsharp lens become sharper after the download, but he gave no other details).

Yes, I had saved an AF adjustment of -10 for my 70-200 f:2.8 but, after I started haveing trouble I went back and reset- retested and ended up setting it back to -10.
Now, this morning on my brake time, I set up my camera on a solid table and shot some test shots all with the AF540 flash in each exposure mode letting the camera pick the settings and got some really weird results! all of which I haven't sorted out yet but, one of the shots came out really nice... the one shot in green mode! :-?
Back at home and shot some more test shots and I'm just that more confused, some are good some aren't... nothing consistent. :angry:
I'm about to sell it all and become a Monk!
or maybe join a traveling carnival.
GW:bye:
Goldwinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 16, 2009, 3:57 PM   #8

May be a dumb question, but how did you do the upgrade - USB cable or SD card? If the latter, could you have have gotten your fingers on the card's contacts? Try cleaning them - apply moist breath and wipe them with dry lens paper (no liquids or solvents).
penolta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 16, 2009, 4:41 PM   #9

I'm just curious. If GW were to redownload the update and reinstall it, is that okay to try?

Patty

I meant to add that since I've done the update I haven't had an opportunity to take any photos. Maybe I'll go out at lunch tomorrow. But, the ones taken with the 18-250 were the same as before. Seemed in sharp focus close, but not far away.