Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Apr 26, 2009, 8:11 PM   #31

mtngal wrote:
Quote:
Biro - I think it's more a reflection that I've gotten so used to top quality lenses recently and I'm just not sure that I'm as willing to compromise as I had been before. Or it could be that mine isn't a perfect lens. It's not decentered, but I'm not happy with the edges. The center is pretty sharp, but the edges sometimes show weird distortion. I took a bunch of pictures of a brick wall and it seemed quite reasonable in those pictures. It's pretty soft wide open, and stays soft at 300 mm. I got it mostly for having something around 200mm and I have the A300, so that's not a big limitation for me. I just seem to like primes better than zoom lenses - which is why I'm leaning more to the DA*200 over the DA*60-250. I can't do anything about it since I've already spent my annual photo budget for the year.
Although my budget is limited I find myself in a similar state of mind, the FA 50mm f1.4 is now my constant companion, as the FA 35mm f2 would be if it focused accurately on the K10D (Annette now has it for her excellent K100D Super). I occasionally use the FA 28-70mm f4 AL because it is very sharp. Now I want a good zoom, F*, FA* or DA* when I can afford it.

I have become a lens snob (well, not really the DL is still used with whatever fits.)

Ira
Monza76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1, 2009, 1:02 PM   #32

Someone on Pentaxforums posted a high-res teaser shot of the supposed new camera:

- Jason
Attached Images

Illuminati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1, 2009, 1:53 PM   #33

My eye is on that little circle between the trigger & prism.

Is it just a receiver for the remote trigger, red-eye reduction, or did Pentax finally add a focus-assist light?

Take care,
Glen

tacticdesigns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1, 2009, 3:57 PM   #34

tacticdesigns wrote:
Quote:
My eye is on that little circle between the trigger & prism.

Is it just a receiver for the remote trigger, red-eye reduction, or did Pentax finally add a focus-assist light?

Take care,
Glen

Well, if this sketch found on RiceHigh's blog is right, it's probably an AF-assist lamp, because the IR receiver looks to be on the bottom portion of the grip.
Attached Images

Illuminati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1, 2009, 4:52 PM   #35

Then again, it might just be a red-eye reduction light.

Take care,
Glen

tacticdesigns is offline   Reply With Quote