Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Apr 23, 2009, 1:44 PM   #11

Very nice Mole!
They are all nice but I like the old home place best.
I could be wrong but that looks like a 49 Chevy to me.

GW:bye:
Goldwinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23, 2009, 2:09 PM   #12

my favorite is the second waterfall, and that old house, well i thought they only had places like that in cheap B horror movies :?
kazuya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23, 2009, 6:57 PM   #13

Thanks for all the kind (as well as humorous) comments!

Yes Paul, we have lots of Black as well as Turkey Vultures - great scavengers and often easy to approach and photograph. Just don't stand still too long!!

MtnGal - wildflowers are one of my favorite subjects - we have an incredible abundance and diversity here. The lens was a Tamron 18-250.

GW - I know a lot more about nature than about cars - it certainly could be 60 years old, and is definitely a Chevy. There are some other, even older cars around this site - will attach those photos for you in a moment!

Kazuya - The second waterfall is in a lovely, amazing and very inaccessible spot. To reach it, you have to first hike about 2 miles to that first waterfall, on a good but a bit strenuous trail. Then you climb up the right side of the cliff beside the first (60 foot high) waterfall, being very careful not to become part of the waterfall! After that, it's about a 1/4 mile bushwack through the rhododendron thickets to reach the second waterfall. There appears to be a third fall above that one, but I've not yet figured out a safe way to approach it. Oh, and a sad story about that old house. The original owner (Jake) was a blacksmith. He willed the house to his two children. Soon after the funeral, his son (Henry - who told me this story almost 30 years ago) and his daughter had a little quarrel. Henry moved into his dad's blacksmith shop, about 300 yards from the house. And they never spoke to each other again! We humans certainly can be petty, can't we!
mole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23, 2009, 6:58 PM   #14

For GW - here are two other old cars from the same homesite:
Attached Images

Old Apr 23, 2009, 6:59 PM   #15

One more:
Attached Images