Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Apr 24, 2009, 3:45 PM   #11

hercules wrote:
Quote:
My friend if the image is supposed to be that size, looking at it i would have to say i like the top left one better
Yes, arkadaş! You've chosen the one shotwith the K20D; which is neater and more detailed.Hey, I felt something wascomingwhen you askedabout the gear in the'Dans le jardin de mon frere' post at Landscapes Actually, on my part, I wasconsidering the D300 for some time, but having downloaded many full size pictures taken under controlled circumstances and after some noise removal I invariably found the ones from K20D stand out! Since Iam a raw shooter I did not find it necessary toupgrade my trustyK10D though : ) Anyway, you can buy the K20D body almost under 800$ now. For a man at your size, it will fit yourhand very comfortably. I put the K10D and the K20D side by side recently and I could not tell the difference except for the metal shutter release on my K10D, whose ergonomy I quite appreciate in my hand! As for the AF, I shot lots of pictures of my kids' Tae-kwon-do team yesterday, with people flying in the air you know:-), but did not suffer any out of focus issue. I'llpost a fewafter I have completed the downsizing and uploading job!
bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 24, 2009, 4:09 PM   #12

bahadir wrote:
Quote:
hercules wrote:
Quote:
My friend if the image is supposed to be that size, looking at it i would have to say i like the top left one better
Yes, arkadaş! You've chosen the one shotwith the K20D; which is neater and more detailed.Hey, I felt something wascomingwhen you askedabout the gear in the'Dans le jardin de mon frere' post at Landscapes Actually, on my part, I wasconsidering the D300 for some time, but having downloaded many full size pictures taken under controlled circumstances and after some noise removal I invariably found the ones from K20D stand out! Since Iam a raw shooter I did not find it necessary toupgrade my trustyK10D though : ) Anyway, you can buy the K20D body almost under 800$ now. For a man at your size, it will fit your size very comfortably. I put the K10D and the K20D side by side recently and I could not tell the difference except for the metal shutter release on my K10D, whose ergonomy I quite appreciate in my hand! As for the AF, I shot lots of pictures of my kids' Tae-kwon-do team yesterday, with people flying in the air you know:-), but did not suffer any out of focus issue. I'llpost a fewafter I have completed the downsizing and uploading job!
Thanks again arkadas yes you felt right:G anyway did you check out that site i posted? also on the size of the K20D i also think it will be perfect and to top it off it is smaller than the 40D, i guess you will be posting the tae-kwon-do in the sports section i will have a look, my son also does tae-kwon-do he's got he's half red belt now, i also posted a topic in there of cross motorcycle races that i shot with my 40D
http://forums.steves-digicams.com/fo...mp;forum_id=82

hercules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 24, 2009, 5:27 PM   #13

hercules wrote:
Quote:
Thanks again arkadas yes you felt right:G anyway did you check out that site i posted? also on the size of the K20D i also think it will be perfect and to top it off it is smaller than the 40D, i guess you will be posting the tae-kwon-do in the sports section i will have a look, my son also does tae-kwon-do he's got he's half red belt now, i also posted a topic in there of cross motorcycle races that i shot with my 40D
http://forums.steves-digicams.com/fo...mp;forum_id=82
Yea, I checked out the site. Yet, I think the cameras seem to have focused on different places (40D on the background wheras K20D on the foreground),which shows @ f/5.6 As I mentioned before there are dedicated sitesfor such photographic tests where you can download the full size pictures. Btw, I havejust paid a visit the sports& action photos forum
Old Apr 24, 2009, 8:03 PM   #14

Hello hercules,

With the amazing shots you are getting with your Canon, I'm surprised that you want to play around with another system.

All my buddies have Canon cameras and love them.

I even mentioned to my sister that with the low prices on some of the Canon dSLRS (ie. XTi or XS) that this might be a great way for her to get into a dSLR. (She told me that she was thinking of a dSLR so I lent her my Nikon D70s to see if she likes shooting with a dSLR and if she's willing to carry the thing around with her.)

I've always found my buddies Canons easy to use and I like the final image quality.

And I also noticed that at www.vistek.ca there are 4 lenses that are less than $200 CDN that, when she gets tired of the kit lens, she could cheaply pick-up and play with.

Take care,
Glen

tacticdesigns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 24, 2009, 10:20 PM   #15

I am still wondering the actual reason why you want a new Pentax DSLR and the lenses that go with it?
You have invested 1000s of $$ on lenses for your Canon 40D, so why are you planning to buy another DSLR system, with all of the consequent costs associated with buying a whole new set of lenses for a Pentax?
dnas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25, 2009, 2:48 AM   #16

tacticdesigns wrote:
Quote:
Hello hercules,

With the amazing shots you are getting with your Canon, I'm surprised that you want to play around with another system.

All my buddies have Canon cameras and love them.

I even mentioned to my sister that with the low prices on some of the Canon dSLRS (ie. XTi or XS) that this might be a great way for her to get into a dSLR. (She told me that she was thinking of a dSLR so I lent her my Nikon D70s to see if she likes shooting with a dSLR and if she's willing to carry the thing around with her.)

I've always found my buddies Canons easy to use and I like the final image quality.

And I also noticed that at http://www.vistek.ca there are 4 lenses that are less than $200 CDN that, when she gets tired of the kit lens, she could cheaply pick-up and play with.

Take care,
Glen

Thanks again for your feedback i do not plan on selling my 40D at all i really love that camera and takes excellent pictures, buying a Pentax is just a thought as i will need 750.00 Euro just for the body then i would need a couple lenses so i will need over 1200.00 Euro and i don't have that money now (well i do but i need it for other things) i think your sister will enjoy the dslr's
Old Apr 25, 2009, 2:51 AM   #17

dnas wrote:
Quote:
I am still wondering the actual reason why you want a new Pentax DSLR and the lenses that go with it?
You have invested 1000s of $$ on lenses for your Canon 40D, so why are you planning to buy another DSLR system, with all of the consequent costs associated with buying a whole new set of lenses for a Pentax?
Thanks dnas, i am still wondering too lol,, well like i said it is actually a thought just talk for right now, as i am very happy with my set up now
Old Apr 25, 2009, 4:19 PM   #18

hercules wrote:
Quote:
dnas wrote:
Quote:
Thanks dnas, i am still wondering too lol,, well like i said it is actually a thought just talk for right now, as i am very happy with my set up now
It'sonly seasonal, which strikes about this time of the year!!You sold the 350D for the 400D againinApril two years ago, if memory serves, and went on...ah, and if I remember correctly,in such cases, all advice is useless:G
Old Apr 25, 2009, 4:44 PM   #19

bahadir wrote:
Quote:
hercules wrote:
Quote:
dnas wrote:
Quote:
It'sonly seasonal, which strikes about this time of the year!!You sold the 350D for the 400D againinApril two years ago, if memory serves, and went on...ah, and if I remember correctly,in such cases, all advice is useless:G
Yes your memory is spot on arkadas, 350D then 400D then 450D:G
Old Apr 27, 2009, 5:16 AM   #20

Well i called this shop in Athens this morning (that this Greek Pentax forum recommended) and after talking to the owner he had a K20D there and said it costs 640.00 Euro, well out came the credit card also he has the Pentax 17-70 f4 that i also bought total 1,150,00 Euro, i also asked him to see if he can find the Pentax 31 f1.8 prime that is highly recommended, and on a zoom well i will wait for the Pentax 60-250 review Oh

Coming soon
To A Forum
Near You
Comparison
Shots
40D vs K20D