Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Apr 26, 2009, 1:00 PM   #11

Here is another crop of the same picture from Marc L's suggestion.

MadMikeSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26, 2009, 1:37 PM   #12

Nice series Mike. You really get out and about in WNY, constantly giving me ideas. I just have to get off my butt and get out there.

Thanks for posting

Jim
a200user is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26, 2009, 4:14 PM   #13

This is one of those pictures that would work well for HDR, even if it's just using two layers and masking out the parts you don't want. Expose one for the outside and one for the indoor light - it would be easy to combine the two. I think if you did an HDR version, I'd like a crop somewhere between the first and second - I think the wood beams could be interesting. But since it's not, then the second crop looks better to me.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26, 2009, 10:39 PM   #14

a200user wrote:
Quote:
Nice series Mike. You really get out and about in WNY, constantly giving me ideas. I just have to get off my butt and get out there.

Thanks for posting

Jim
Thanks Jim,

The wife and I really like to get out with the kids and just enjoy stuff locally. Yesterday was "Be nice to daddy" day which is the excuse for actually going intothe fort. But don't get me wrong, the kids enjoyed running around and looking at everything and the wife really wasn't put out by it either. The weather was too nice to stay at home. I love the history around this area, particularly the War of 1812 and there are plenty of places you can visit to experience it. Most of the time our excursions are just fly by the seat of the pants rides to wherever we end up. That's how ya gotta do it.
Old Apr 26, 2009, 10:40 PM   #15

mtngal wrote:
Quote:
This is one of those pictures that would work well for HDR, even if it's just using two layers and masking out the parts you don't want. Expose one for the outside and one for the indoor light - it would be easy to combine the two. I think if you did an HDR version, I'd like a crop somewhere between the first and second - I think the wood beams could be interesting. But since it's not, then the second crop looks better to me.
Well, I'm still pretty much a novice in that department. I wouldn't even know where to begin to create an HDR picture. I'll have to research it a little I guess and maybe try for something next time. Thanks for the suggestion.
Old Apr 27, 2009, 8:52 AM   #16

nice pics, that looks like somewhere id like to visit

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"andthe first crop looks best to me
kazuya is offline   Reply With Quote