Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Apr 28, 2009, 7:57 AM   #1

I see lots of postings I want to read, but am a little short on time for the next few days.

But, while I'm thinking about it wanted to ask if anyone had ever bought lenses from buydig.com. Any potential problems. It says "new with full 6 yr USA warranty". Should I trust it?

Patty
nhmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 28, 2009, 8:00 AM   #2
Administrator

http://www.buydig.com (a.k.a., http://www.beachcamera.com ) is a reputable vendor.

The warranty you're looking at is going to be a manufacturer's warranty, and buydig.com sells products intended for sale in the U.S., warrantied by their respective manufacturers.

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28, 2009, 8:43 AM   #3

Location: Hebron, Kentucky (northern Kentucky/Greater Cincinnati):KCVG

Patty,

While I have not purchased any lenses from Buydig, I've purchased other electronic items (PDA's etc) and have had no issues.
Wingman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28, 2009, 9:19 AM   #4

Patty,

I have purchased several items from buydig and there service is excellent. Generally to our area the ground service is arriving next day.
Keltech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28, 2009, 9:52 AM   #5

I Purchased both my DL and my K10D from Buy Dig. I purchased them both online and had no problems whatsover.

Feroz
fghouse2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28, 2009, 10:45 AM   #6

I've purchased lenses from them and other equipment and have had no problems. Buydig and B&H get 95% of my photo business.
JohnG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28, 2009, 10:49 AM   #7

I've had two dealings with them and both were positive. The main thing to be aware of is that their on-line inventory isn't real-time. I tried to order a 50-200 lensabout a weekbefore a rebate expired. They had it listed on-line, but I didn't receive an email with the tracking number when I should have (as I recall, they say they process the orders in 48 hours or something like that). I emailed them asking for status and they emailed back that it was back-ordered. Since I wanted the rebate, I emailed back cancelling the order. I think their stated policy is to respond to emails within 24 hours, but I received a confirmation of the cancellation within about 6 hours or less, and my credit card had never been charged. As far as I was concerned, that's good service (in spite of the fact I didn't get the lens - I ended up ordering it from B&H).

I later ordered the DA 12-24 from them and got it without incident, exactly when I should have. It was obvious that it was a Pentax USA item, so I'd feel comfortable ordering from them again.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28, 2009, 12:51 PM   #8

Patty,

I purchased a KM A200 from them some years ago. Also a Pentax K100D with kit lens and the DA 50-200mm. Then an FA50mm 1.4. And about a month ago a K20D.

They are excellent to deal with. They do not pester you to upsale accessories. Items have always arrived within a few days of ordering. No grey market, only USA Warranty. Generally they offer the best prices too. I can't say enough about them.

On occasion I have purchased from onecall.com, amazon,buy.com, cameta, but only when they offer a better price or an item buydig does not carry.

As JimC pointed out - buydig.com and beachcamera.com are one in the same. You should check the item you are interested in on both web sites. Sometimes there is a difference in price between the two sites, which is strange.

A 6 year warranty - are youlooking at a Tamron lens? If so, yes you can trust that it is a Tamron Warranty.

Jim

a200user is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28, 2009, 3:57 PM   #9

I've purchased 2 camera bodies (*ist DL and K100D) from Buydig. They're great. You do get a call from them, but it's just a call to confirm your order and nothing else - no upsells, no missing batteries, etc. I'd purchase from them again if the price is right.

- Jason
Illuminati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28, 2009, 5:52 PM   #10

mtngal wrote:
Quote:
* They had it listed on-line, but I didn't receive an email with the tracking number when I should have (as I recall, they say they process the orders in 48 hours or something like that).* I emailed them asking for status and they emailed back that it was back-ordered.* I didn't get the lens - I ended up ordering it from B&H).
I had the same experience (only with their Beach Camera ebay account). I had even called them and was assured they had "plenty of stock". They didn't. When I didn't hear I called and was told it was backordered - and they HAD charged my credit card. I cancelled the order and when the charge hadn't been refunded I had to call the credit card company and stop the payment. Any firm that does mail-order business under a DBA when they also operate under their own name is attempting to deceive and is not on the up-and-up as far as I am concerned. The only New York City mail order houses I trust are B&H and 17th St Photo, because they don't list out of stock items as in stock or even accept orders for those items without posting the fact that they are backordered and will not charge until shipped. Adorama has a good reputation, yet their inventories are not always up to date either- they took an order from me for an out-of-stock item once, too, without notification - but at least they do not use an anonymous DBA, and the incident hasn't been repeated.

At least if you buy through ebay and pay via Paypal, they have pretty good buyer protection, and sellers are SUPPODSED to have any listed item in stock and available to the buyer - I suppose I should have reported Beach to ebay at that time, but I didn't since I resolved the issue and didn't want any more aggravation.
penolta is offline   Reply With Quote