Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

View Poll Results: What Pentax Camera body are you using / considering? [multiple voting allowed!!!]
K20D 12 17.65%
K200D 2 2.94%
KM / K2000D 2 2.94%
K10D 13 19.12%
K100D / K100 Super 9 13.24%
K110D 0 0%
*ist (D / DS / DL / DS2 / DL2) 10 14.71%
Will Consider new K7 7 10.29%
Considering K20D/K200D while still available 5 7.35%
Going to use my current body until it dies 8 11.76%
Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

Old May 1, 2009, 9:33 AM   #1

I thought that it would be interesting to have a poll about a couple of questions...
  • What body are you using? [/*]
  • Also, are you looking for a new body - the new K7 or since the prices have dropped - one of the existing models, or are you going to use your current body until it dies a horrible death and they have to pry it from your hands?[/*]
I also was thinking of if you are considering skipping the K7 generation all together and waiting until the next one, however I ran out of selections.

.... so this is my first try at a poll - I am interested in seeing if the way it is worded / laid out even works....
interested_observer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 1, 2009, 10:59 AM   #2

Voted for the K200D. I have had it since January and if it lasts as long as my Spotmatic F, I won't be needing any new cameras/bodies for quite some time.

Regards
bluenose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1, 2009, 12:18 PM   #3

With the first 6 people voting there are 14 cameras owned (at least 2 ea on avg), but only one would even consider a camera they know nothing about, which may mean they are satisfied with what they have. But once they see what new features there might be that they can't live without after new owners start raving about them, their minds might change. That's what happened with the K20D - it will be deja vu all over again. Maybe the technophiles among us just haven't voted yet.
penolta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1, 2009, 1:27 PM   #4

Well, I have the K20D that I just bought this year as an upgrade to the *istDL that I previously had. I don't plan on upgrading again for some time.
MadMikeSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1, 2009, 4:29 PM   #5

Hi All,

Well, I just probably threw the curve off a bit. . .:-)

With the purchase of a K100DS yesterday, I now have 4 Pentax DSLR bodies, and would consider the K7 in addition, but since there's nothing really solid as far as info on this new body, it remains to be seen. There are good reasons for me to keep each of the bodies, even if I got the K7, but the most expendable for me would be the K10.

Scott
snostorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1, 2009, 6:24 PM   #6

I'm waiting with greatest interest for the K7 announcement, but I won't buy it. I still use my *ist DS alongside my K20D and definitely don't need a third body. There's nothing I want to do that either of the two can't do. Maybe if the K20D wrecks I'll upgrade, otherwise it'll be in 3-4 years time. I don't care for Live View, definitely not for video, 2.7 fps is more than enough for me. Maybe more reliable AF and a split/microprism screen couldentice me. K72D 2012?

Kjell
bilybianca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1, 2009, 7:43 PM   #7

I use two digital bodies...my K10D and as of a couple days ago, I now also use my new KM. My K10D is for the serious stuff...my KM is my carry around camera...which also can be used for serious stuff and this body complements my K10D...when I need to carry and use two bodies.

I saw the K7...don't want a point and shoot...rather have a small lightweight DSLR that can interchange lenses.

A KM / K2000 only costs a bit more than a K7...so if you like photography and picture quality is important to you...why would you get a Point and Shoot...even a real good one like the K7.

I almost got a Canon G10 before I went for the KM...I checked photo quality side by side...that made the decision for me. DSLR. The KM may be larger...a bit and heavier...a bit...but in the end if I am going to take a pix...I want it to be good.

I have a P&S ...a Panasonic Lumix with Leica lens...it doesn't see much use with two DSLR's around.
lesmore49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1, 2009, 10:24 PM   #8

This will be interesting once everyone weighs in. I put in my K20 and K100D. Since I just bought the K20, I'm not interested in the K7. I'll probably look at the specs and maybe drool over it. But, the K20 is everything I want right now.

I do still want a small p&s that does video that I could stick in a pocket. But, still haven't seen one that has all I want.

Patty
nhmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1, 2009, 11:03 PM   #9

nhmom wrote:
Quote:
This will be interesting once everyone weighs in. I put in my K20 and K100D. Since I just bought the K20, I'm not interested in the K7. I'll probably look at the specs and maybe drool over it. But, the K20 is everything I want right now.

I do still want a small p&s that does video that I could stick in a pocket. But, still haven't seen one that has all I want.

Patty
Same here. I own the K20D and K100D and I don't plan to buy the K7. So far the specs on the K7 are nice but I can't justify spending $1500(guessing) on the new camera when the K20D is a great camera.

Honestly I don't think I will buy the camera that will replace the K7 either unless if something happen to the K20D or if it is full frame. I can't image any other aps-c sensor that would be a BIG improvement in IQ over the K20D that would make me want to upgrade.
superakuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1, 2009, 11:06 PM   #10

It is interesting to see how many have multiple bodies (I added my K20 and K100).

I'm really happy with what I have and I only want two bodies. I'm not at all interested in upgrading either one of them at the moment. However, that's not to say I wouldn't consider the new camera. It all depends on price, new features, and weight. I won't say that I won't consider one because I said that about the K10 and then promptly bought one of the early ones. I'm going to take a wait and see attitude, but right now I'm leaning toward the "keep until it dies a horrible death and then still hang onto it because I'm too sentimental to let it go".

There are a number of other things that should be much higher on my list of purchase priorities than a new camera.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote